Big Rock Big Rock drive train noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbest

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Senton 6s
So I took my Big Rock out today to play and stretch it's legs a little. I have a ticking noise that is driving me crazy. I hear it when driving away from myself under hard acceleration. Did the normal check for rocks, twigs and such rubbing on something. Couldn't find anything. For the fun of it I took the rear diff out to check it and see what was in it for fluid. When in the diff case the diff feels tight. How right should these diffs be? As in the mesh between the pinion and ring gear. Thanks for the help. And Merry Christmas.

I just bought a big rock and it seems to make the same noise under hard to medium acceleration. Watched some other people on Youtube do speed runs and general bashing and it seemed to make the same noise.

I am assuming it's tottaly normal! To be fair this is my first Arrma so I would love to hear others' opinions as well.

would you have a video of it?

I assume you are not completely new to the hobby and know these brushless systems make these metal gear meshing noise from factory.

It could be a few different things, it's new so gears have to wear into each other from the pinions and spur to your input pinion's and diffs. Also check your bearings. Check your slipper adjustment as well.

would you have a video of it?

I assume you are not completely new to the hobby and know these brushless systems make these metal gear meshing noise from factory.
Not completely new but definitely not a seasoned rc person. Though am a heavy truck mechanic. No video of it, didn't even think about that. If we don't have a crap ton of snow I will try tomorrow. This noise is different from the brushless system noise. ?
It could be a few different things, it's new so gears have to wear into each other from the pinions and spur to your input pinion's and diffs. Also check your bearings. Check your slipper adjustment as well.
I did check all the bearing in the rear of the truck. Going to look at the front tonight maybe. Hoping it's just because it's new and things aren't worn into each other. Just don't want to destroy anything.

Check your spur gear and gear mesh.
That seems good. I think it's the rear pinion and ring gear.(too tight)I took everything apart front and back. And no others issues were found. I wasn't able to run it today with all the snow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back