Big Rock Driveshaft Damage. Do I need to replace?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Looks like a rock got between it and ate away the protective plastic.

Do I need to replace it? Not sure how much of that needs to be covered if any and the pin that connects that to the motor on the inside of the shaft if it will be affected any?

Thx

1621609028945.png
1621609042630.png

Looks like a rock got between it and ate away the protective plastic.

Do I need to replace it? Not sure how much of that needs to be covered if any and the pin that connects that to the motor on the inside of the shaft if it will be affected any?

Thx

View attachment 147065View attachment 147066
No. I don't even have that peice on my driveshaft. You can get a new one just to be safe though. There is a 3/4inch chunk missing from mine, you don't need it.

I got a "few" rocks in mine and wore "swept cuts" in the driveshaft, still running strong!
Senton Drive Shaft.JPG

Last edited:
Probably the main thing that part does is keep dirt from accumulating around the front slipper bearing. I wouldn't replace it unless I noticed the bearing getting affected. My driveshaft looks like Ginglehoppers. Multiple gouges from where a rock got jammed and chewed up a circle. The car runs fine and the driveshaft has survived countless hits so far (knock on wood). No need to replace it unless it breaks. A new one will get more gouges anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back