Big Rock Big Rock lost power and grinding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatMarcus172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Talion EXB
  3. Vorteks
On the advice of lots of forum members my lovely Big Rock got treated to some new Granite wheels today. So, I took it out for a quick lunchtime run. After a couple of rips it seemed to lose power and started making a horrible intermittent grinding noise that I hope Ive managed to capture in this video. I cheked the spur and pinion and both are fine, as is the drive shaft. The sound is definitely coming from the rear of the vehicle and its the rear wheels that have lost power and are spinning erratically compared to the front.
Is when things like this happen that I realise Im still a complete noob and neither know what to check or what its likely to be. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jX1WQX8-WfeY_VXwGWJiyRbNeqCGrqHK/view?usp=sharing
Big_rock_granite_wheels3.jpg
Please help and save my Big Rock.

It's probably your rear diff and input gear. Need to pull it apart and look but loss of power and clicking or grinding definitely is a chewed up diff and input pinion. Check jenny's rc for both, also it doesn't have to be for the Bigrock so check ALL 3s models for the partsđź‘Ť

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back