Big Rock Big rock servo not turning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emery Hall

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
My dad got a big rock a couple moths ago from our hobby shop and the servo has started not turning. When he turns the remote it tries to turn but stutters as it slowly turns a tiny bit. It has happened before and fixed itself but it is back and not leaving. Would this be a simple mishap or would I need to warranty it for a new servo? The big rock is a v3 which is the new one.

Happens to all the V3's. I broke mine on my granite within 2 weeks and on my big rock I replaced it right out of the box.
You will need a better servo and a 25T servo saver. That servo saver is going to be the biggest problem. Sold out worldwide. You can guess why.
I did get some money back for my dead servo.

Ps, don't buy the HD servo saver. It's really bad.

Happens to all the V3's. I broke mine on my granite within 2 weeks and on my big rock I replaced it right out of the box.
You will need a better servo and a 25T servo saver. That servo saver is going to be the biggest problem. Sold out worldwide. You can guess why.

I just got 2 of them in the mail a couple days ago.

Screenshot_20210402-073418_Chrome.jpg

My

My BR servo died after a couple of months of use. Replaced it with a DSSERVO Banggood special. I found with a bit of 'pressure' the 23t servo saver will go onto the 25t spline. It's plastic after all. I can get the Arrma 25t servo saver locally in NZ so wasn't worried about breaking the 23t stock servo saver. Was no good to me anyway, all the cheap servo replacements are 25t. I have put 4 batteries through the BR since my servo saver 'hack' and it hasn't stripped yet. Guess it will in time, I'll order a 25t when it does.

Same, mine died afer 9 uses ( i use it in the garden, nothing heavy ). They sent me a new servo for free and it works fine now. Once the 25t saver is back in stock, i shall upgrade to a better servo than the stock one once it breaks ( i presume it will, so will order a 25t saver and keep it until needed )

Happened to me too. Either get a replacement under warranty or pay the difference for something better. Other than A arms breaking it’s one of the very few weak points on Big Rocks.
quite an easy fit, even for a complete noob. Takes about 45 mins and there are loads of YouTube step by step videos out there to help.

I agree, very easy to replace. Like everything on the BLX range, very user friendly to work on.

Certainly a weak point a long with axles coming loose or breaking.

The mass exitus of servos in V3 may have to do with not setting the servo endpoints. Check razorrc for a video on how to set them via the transmitter.

I see the end points on my BR v3 servo and I think this definitely helped it last for s long as it did. But when a $20 banggood special can perform as well if not better than the stock servo says something I think.

Why do RTRs come with average servos?

Same, mine died afer 9 uses ( i use it in the garden, nothing heavy ). They sent me a new servo for free and it works fine now. Once the 25t saver is back in stock, i shall upgrade to a better servo than the stock one once it breaks ( i presume it will, so will order a 25t saver and keep it until needed )
Did you contact your hobby shop or horizon?

3 days after I got mine it went as well. Upgraded to the ds25kg with the Traxxas slash horn. I don't have a servo saver and so far no problems whatsoever with it. Also the ds35 on my senton with the same horn and still.in tip top shape.

3 days after I got mine it went as well. Upgraded to the ds25kg with the Traxxas slash horn. I don't have a servo saver and so far no problems whatsoever with it. Also the ds35 on my senton with the same horn and still.in tip top shape.
If I got that servo could I use the stock servo saver?

I made my stock servo saver fit a 25t spline and it's still holding up after 10 or so packs. The servo saver is plastic so can be made to fit 😉 Not necessary a permanent solution but so far working for me.

I made my stock servo saver fit a 25t spline and it's still holding up after 10 or so packs. The servo saver is plastic so can be made to fit 😉 Not necessary a permanent solution but so far working for me.
I tried to force my 23T on the 25T servo but it didn't work. I heated the saver and forced it on. Maybe I didn't put enough effort in trying to do it right and figured ordering a new one was easier and better. But, I had to order one from Switzerland because all were sold out in all of Europe.

I tried to force my 23T on the 25T servo but it didn't work. I heated the saver and forced it on. Maybe I didn't put enough effort in trying to do it right and figured ordering a new one was easier and better. But, I had to order one from Switzerland because all were sold out in all of Europe.
Try the slash horn i have one on my senton and bigrock. No problems for me.

Does the big rock v3 servo fit in a granite mega v3?
I'm thinking about changing the big rocks servo aswell

Can you post a pic or link to the horn please?
Can you post a pic or link to the horn please?
Thank you, you use this one with no server saver right? Think that would work on one of those 25 KG red servis for 1699 on Amazon? I’ve a new 550 granite. Survive is going out of course.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back