Big Rock shock tower breakage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xglide06

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all…first post.

I bought a a BR a few weeks ago and ran it at the skate park over the weekend. Broke the rear shock tower, replaced and broke again the next day. Nothing else broke. Looking for recommendations. Do I need to upgrades shocks/shock oil/springs?

Thanks…been enjoying the forum. Lots of good info!

Hi all…first post.

I bought a a BR a few weeks ago and ran it at the skate park over the weekend. Broke the rear shock tower, replaced and broke again the next day. Nothing else broke. Looking for recommendations. Do I need to upgrades shocks/shock oil/springs?

Thanks…been enjoying the forum. Lots of good info!

Show us some photos of the actual damaged part.

Those shock towers are pretty stout.. Where did it break exactly.
And, what did you hit or land badly to cause it?

And, Welcome to the Club!

He definitely hit something pretty hard or had some very bad landings to break the shock tower twice.

I would also check and make sure the shocks are not bent so they are not doing there job correctly.

Landed on all fours but could have partially cracked on some other attempts? I’m guessing lack of skill overall. But here is a pic of the breakage. The 2nd day was the opposite side.

018851EB-288F-45CD-BC96-1527AB993557.jpeg

Landed on all fours but could have partially cracked on some other attempts? I’m guessing lack of skill overall. But here is a pic of the breakage. The 2nd day was the opposite side.

View attachment 210237

Okay, I see..
That's not normal.
Since your truck is fairly new, you should contact Customer Service at Horizon Hobbies. Send them the photos and a copy of your receipt(s) & replacement parts you have already purchased and they should take care of you.

You might want to check the shock oil, make sure they are topped off.. Or, switch them out to a heavier oil.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back