Big rock shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi , I was looking for shocks also when I had my Bigrock but tbh the stock ones are fine. I was looking at the proline offering but there not cheap

I am running 6S Mojave front shocks in the front and Kraton 6S front shocks in the rear.

image.jpg

image.jpg

F9FABB92-5E34-47E5-AA83-A0B997C13979.jpeg

Stock shocks are pretty good, hard to find something else that willl actually give any value.

As for upgrades, defiantly servo, i would also change the pivot balls to metal, as the plastic ones wear fast.

Stock shocks are pretty good, hard to find something else that willl actually give any value.

As for upgrades, defiantly servo, i would also change the pivot balls to metal, as the plastic ones wear fast.
For me, the stock shocks bent super easily when doing big sends or even just little 2 foot jumps.

New to Arrma and just got a Big Rock v3. What are the best upgrades for the truck?

Welcome...

You will get a lot of good advice. The best advice is to just bash it. What works for others is not for all. The new BR is a good rig, good shocks, etc. for a new basher. Find your style of bash jumper or not, ground or dirt basher, etc. I do not like big jumps so no need for better shocks unless you like the look and want to speed unneeded money.

Play with it find those areas you want to improve if it is drifting out more in the dirt, jumping, speed, etc. Then spend on the back end.

Best of luck!

New to Arrma and just got a Big Rock v3. What are the best upgrades for the truck?
Don't upgrade anything until you have a specific goal. If you just got it, you don't know how it drives, what will break, and what you'd like to improve. With an open request for "upgrades" this forum can suggest an unending list. Some will be unnecessary for the way you drive, others will be detrimental. I made the mistake of making several upgrades from the start based on recommendations in this forum. Not only were many unnecessary, but some created my worst headaches. After wasting alot of money, I've ditched many of them.

Once you have a specific problem or area of performance you'd like to improve, then this forum can be very useful for suggestions. Be aware that for many upgrades there are often tradeoffs.

Last edited:
Welcome...

You will get a lot of good advice. The best advice is to just bash it. What works for others is not for all. The new BR is a good rig, good shocks, etc. for a new basher. Find your style of bash jumper or not, ground or dirt basher, etc. I do not like big jumps so no need for better shocks unless you like the look and want to speed unneeded money.

Play with it find those areas you want to improve if it is drifting out more in the dirt, jumping, speed, etc. Then spend on the back end.

Best of luck!
+1
But if you find yourself breaking and bending the stocker shocks, don't consider anything else except the Arrma 6S line shocks as listed above.
Don't find yourself spending on generic no name shocks (to save some coin) or the overpriced Low Quality $Proline shocks$. Been there with $120.+ PL shocks. Generic shocks will also have zero parts support, having to buy another set when they break. My PL's were Garbage out the package from day one. Leakers and all. Nothing will be better than the Arrma 6s shocks. At any price. And most importantly, all the parts are available unlike all the upgrade/generic ones. 6S shocks have been extremely durable in all my (8) 6s rigs. They are plush and never failed me. None are better, price not withstanding, IMHO. Many use them in their 4x4's.
JennysRC is the best place to buy the 6s shocks.(y)

Last edited:
What kind weight oil ur using cuz I got some big bore shocks from eBay and there weak in returning them…😒thank you sir..
With the rear shocks I used 45wt and I liked it a lot. The front shocks I left along and I’m happy with the feel. I think the reason these are a lot stiffer is the springs are pretty heavy duty. This set up is definitely the way to go

With the rear shocks I used 45wt and I liked it a lot. The front shocks I left along and I’m happy with the feel. I think the reason these are a lot stiffer is the springs are pretty heavy duty. This set up is definitely the way to go
Oh okay thank you for the info..👌

Many end up dialing in the springs (Different Rates)to their liking. But that is what RC is all about.

Below I pictured one of the suspension parts that I used to create a spacer. Not sure what the part is called so I included a picture. I just took a utility knife and cut each end off to create the ball part of it and that’s what I used for the front. The other smaller section I put on the back to give that a little clearance as well. Any other questions let me know

AA7953E6-44B3-44BB-B027-D5121341443A.jpeg

43FD83C6-DC56-4868-895D-06F0DB0FF452.jpeg

E611EB71-D8A2-434F-9247-3513653DA533.jpeg

So I got the same set up on shocks but I put 70W on the front and 80W on the back I’m try how it runs but did u use any spacers in the bottom? Cuz my is like a little closed to be A arm..lol here some pictures..lol

View attachment 215046

View attachment 215047

View attachment 215048

View attachment 215049

View attachment 215050
Actually this ball pivot is what I used for a spacer. Again I cut each and off with a utility knife to create the ball

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Below I pictured one of the suspension parts that I used to create a spacer. Not sure what the part is called so I included a picture. I just took a utility knife and cut each end off to create the ball part of it and that’s what I used for the front. The other smaller section I put on the back to give that a little clearance as well. Any other questions let me know

View attachment 215081

View attachment 215082

View attachment 215083

Actually this ball pivot is what I used for a spacer. Again I cut each and off with a utility knife to create the ball
I used those same bushing from my old shocks as well! Mine are being used as spacers for the traxxas upper links i'm using. But props for being resourceful!

Back to OP question. Like has been said above, figure out what your specific goal is before you purchase. Do you want ultimate durability? Performance? Value (cheapness)? The answer may change depending on what you want. Lots of good answers here.

View attachment 215081

View attachment 215082

View attachment 215083

Oh okay I’m gonna do that as my spacers thanx bro and let u know how it does…lol👌

i wouldn't chance something

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back