Big Rock Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadHatter

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Forgive me if this has been posted a million times. I am new to Arrma, I have a Big Rock that I enjoy so much however, the shocks are not my favorite at all. Any opinions on shocks that are worth to you guys? Would internal air shocks be good on this kind of vehicle? I see them on Crawlers and such and they dampen nice. I really just want shocks that are threaded body and maybe even raise it some. Thanks for your time guys!

You can install Mojave and Kraton front shocks on as a replacement. You can also add spacers to the stock shocks to lift it some. Check out Jenny’s rc. Did you check to make sure the shocks are full? Mine cam almost empty made a huge difference filling them

Mojave fronts, K6s fronts bolt right on. You also need the Axial shock bushings.
765F82ED-E199-4553-9045-7B5100BC7681.jpeg

I put the pro-line powerstoke on mine and they work great.

They are almost 3 times the price of the 6s shocks though...
They are definitely more expensive but they have been a great shock. I am not saying the 6s aren't just as good just saying what I went with. I definitely like them better then the ones on my Talion.

They are definitely more expensive but they have been a great shock. I am not saying the 6s aren't just as good just saying what I went with. I definitely like them better then the ones on my Talion.
3 times the price and no replacement shafts or bodies available you can get o rings and plastic parts only. So if you need to replace the shafts on the Proline shocks there goes another $70.

Are they same length eye to eye for a big rock? I believe 102mm front and 115mm rear?
Not exactly, but they fit perfectly, it raises the ride height a little bit.
What would be the best option durability wise that is Instock right now ?
(For a typhon 3s Front and rear)
I recommend waiting for the K6s EXB and Mojave EXB front shocks to come back in stock as it's the cheapest option.

First, I will ask, what don't you like about the stock shocks? What are you looking for in a shock upgrade? Durability? Handling? Landing jumps? The stock shocks perform well. If you don't have a specific goal for an upgrade, you may end up spending money on a downgrade. I have upgraded shocks. The main reason was durability. But if you're not breaking shocks, you may not see a performance boost that justifies the cost of upgraded shocks.

If you still want to upgrade, this is the thread you want to read about shock options for the 3s line.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...d-blx-4s-shock-information-and-upgrades.7413/

RC Dude81 running stock 3s shocks

Last edited:
Yesterday had my typhon out and bent both shock shafts without any major crashes. That being said the temp was 9 F yesterday and nothing else broke on the vehicle. Look for better shaft durability.

Thanks.

Yesterday had my typhon out and bent both shock shafts without any major crashes. That being said the temp was 9 F yesterday and nothing else broke on the vehicle. Look for better shaft durability.

Thanks.
I went through 3 shafts before I upgraded to the 6s shocks, the 6s shocks are super strong.

Yesterday had my typhon out and bent both shock shafts without any major crashes.
That's the problem I had with the 3s stock shocks. The shafts are 3mm thick. For bent shock shafts you want 1/8 scale shocks with 4mm thick shock shafts. The Proline's only have 3.5mm shock shafts, so in my opinion, not worth the price, especially for a durability upgrade.

My recommended options are:
1) Typhon 6s shocks. Pros - they are a good fit for the 3s line, only 2-4 mm longer than stock. Cons - they come with really light springs, you'll want stiffer springs if you jump. Kraton (AR330507) for the rear, Mojave (ARA330644) for the front work well, especially if for big jumps. Another option is Team Associated Yellow springs (#81232 and #81226). They are slightly lighter than the Kraton/Mojave, but stiff enough for most jumps and I found they perform better on the ground https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-spring-list-chart-for-4s-and-most-6s-vehicles.18704/

2) Instead of buying the springs separately. You can just buy Kraton FRONT shocks for the REAR of your 3s and Mojave front shocks for the front. But the Mojave shocks are 8mm longer than stock. This will tilt up the front of the vehicle slightly. I don't know if this really makes a difference, and you can lower them with internal spacers if it does.

3) I use Tekno SCT410 shocks. Front and rear are 7mm longer than stock. The Tekno shocks also come with very light springs that you'll probably want to change. Then you may want to upgrade the plastic upper and lower shock caps for durability. So, the major drawback is price. In the end you'll spend around $200.

Last edited:
What kind weight oil did u put the shocks because I’m gonna be getting some now..lol I got some big bore shocks from Amazon and they sux..lol
I just kept the stock oil in them. It works fine for me, the rear shocks do need softer springs though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back