Big Rock Big Rock spur gear keeps stripping almost every run. Any suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAGER RC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
So I’ve had my big rock for 5-6 months now, and around 2 weeks ago I stripped the spur gear. “All right,” I thought “this is just a stroke of unluckiness. I was running the stock metal one, and my local hobby shop only had plastic, which was fine. Then it happened again. And again. And in the space of 2 weeks had stripped 3 spur gears.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions on what to do?

It's probably the bearings in the motor. When they go they strip the spur. Six months sounds about right for the standard motor bearings. That's how long mine lasted.

Could also be the clutch is too tight or grit getting into the housing. Both well documented in the forum.

Last edited:
I think that if your son's bashing spot is more open, the Big Rock will shine more and if it is smaller, the Granite will have an advantage. Probably Typhon for relatively smoother sites without too much obstacles or rocky terrain.

Edit: Oops, I must have fumbled when I posted this on my phone and posted to the wrong thread!

Last edited:
Could be bearings as mentioned above. Also, do you have the adjustable motor mount? If not your mesh could be off.

Yep, motor bearings or gear mesh, especially if non adjustable motor mount.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back