Big Rock steering servo issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
Has anyone had an issue with the steering servo on a big rock. When the truck is turned in one dirrection it moves perfectly fine, when I turn the other direction the wheels chatter and move slowly. I hear no grinding and all the front end components are in good shape. I only hear the servo struggle in one direction. Its a new truck, only a few times used. Is this a bad servo?

I reckon yeah, its bricked... maybe?
Disconnect the servo arm from your ST bellcrank and operate the servo again. See how it responds. Most upgrade their servos at some point. I had new stock Arrma servos fail quickly and some lasted for a bit. Just make sure there is no binding in the Steering. Make sure there is no debris or pebbles causing your issue.

I reckon yeah, its bricked... maybe?
Disconnect the servo arm from your ST bellcrank and operate the servo again. See how it responds. Most upgrade their servos at some point. I had new stock Arrma servos fail quickly and some lasted for a bit. Just make sure there is no binding in the Steering. Make sure there is no debris or pebbles causing your issue.
Thank you. I replaced the servo today, you were correct. It had no issues with binding and when I tested the old servo disconnected it was still having issues. Fixed now. I need to send this one back to arrma for a replacement.

Thank you. I replaced the servo today, you were correct. It had no issues with binding and when I tested the old servo disconnected it was still having issues. Fixed now. I need to send this one back to arrma for a replacement.
Glad you were able to sort it out quick. They probably wont want the old one back. Warranty it and consider buying a better, albeit inexpensive one to replace it. Keep the Stocker as a backup. I always have a backup servo lying around. They do break every so often from normal hard bashing and driving mishaps. Part of the hobby. $25-$35. can get you a very decent servo. 25kg-35kg servos off Amazon are fine. The original stocker servos are well very budget. All RTR Brands come with budget servos. Not just Arrma rigs. Just an idea.

Be sure to adjust the steering dual rate on your radio before you burn up your next servo! Look it up on YouTube since the manual doesn’t mention how to do it properly.

-C

What video did you watch? I'm having this issue.
This is the video I watched. It should help you! 🤘

Watch "The RIGHT way to calibrate your Arrma SLT3 radio: Granite, Senton, Typhon, Kraton, Outcast, 3S 6S" on YouTube

Back