Big Rock Tire question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stapleton219

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I've blown a factory tire on my Big Rock, it ripped about 1 inch in the middle. My question is, do you guys recommend buying factory replacement wheels/tires or replacing with aftermarket like the Pro Line Trenchers?

I can get a new set of 4 factory wheels/tires for $70, or a set of 4 Pro Line trenchers for $90. What is your opinion?

If I buy the set of factory tires/wheels, I can just replace 1 at a time as they rip, if I buy the set of Trenchers, I have no spares.

No one can take the decision for you... ;)
The Trenchers will have more grip. But gives also more force to the diff if it´s locked.
My girlfriend had crashed a rim on her Nero in the snow, We just had buy two originals (one package), so we have one wheel as spare part.
On my Big Rock I mounted Big Joe II with offset.
The have also much more grip but the rubber is very soft and on 6S I have to take much care don´t make them to pizza cutters.
The originals are better in that point but together with less grip...

I think other guys who use the trenchers will give you more informations.

Regards,
lonee

uh, sorry, never measured the original rim. My tires are already mounted that I can change them quick if it is necessary.
If you check the forum, you will find something about that, I remind to red something about that in the past.
But I do not remind wich theme it was.
I have no trenchers, so I can't give you this information quite well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back