Big Rock 💪 BIG PAPA LONG ROCK 32" stretched speedster build. KING OF ALL ROCKS 👍

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking Mega chassis just because I don't know the difference. <- Ignorance. Either way thought it's pretty cool.
Your not being ignorant my friend.its ok .I just wanted to make sure I knew what you meant to say.i wasn't sure when you said mega.some people could resemble something long or extended or stretched as mega .but yeah from what I understand arrma made some earlier models that were brushed so they were called mega.for the brushless line they made BLX .BLX means brushless motor .that I'm aware of the 3s line is all BLX but thank you very much for the compliment.i appreciate it .any advice or feed back is always helpful.ill be working more on it this week .updates coming with more pics.

So now that the custom center brace is installed I now need to support the two aluminum bars besides it being held by the vortex bulk heads.i bought 4 bolts and 4 nuts .I will drill holes and install them along the brace.give it some steardyness .I also just received the rear upper diffuser from the vendetta.ill be installing that tonight after I paint it red..I could have bought one already painted red but I don't like the shade of red that it comes in so I chose the clear.this way I can paint it the same red I'll be using for the racing stripes on the body.

IMG_20221229_121354972.jpg

IMG_20221229_121746347.jpg

I think it just makes the rear end look so much beefier.looks mean .and when it's done painted red the red led rear lights will illuminate it and really bring it to life..I will post more photos when I'm done.reading is boring to some and I don't want to bore you.im also going to install a smoke simulator to the rear.going to make a short exhaust pipes .I think that will look awesome.ill keep you guys posted and yes I am still working on the body..the hood scoop is on its way.going to make it a real ram air which I'll be adding a fan inside the scoop sucking air through flex tubing to the esc and yes I'm going to buy the red ones.
I'm thinking of using this for the tubing looks like it should either fit over it or maybe inside.i have to look at the inner and outer diameter see if it will fit.if not I'll have to ask @texkoder if he can make something

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221227-233130.png
    Screenshot_20221227-233130.png
    425.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20221229-140336.png
    Screenshot_20221229-140336.png
    253.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20221229-140209.png
    Screenshot_20221229-140209.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Might get this small fan for the esc and take the stock fan and use that for inside the scoop.i just love the red so I want it on the esc to be shown.

As of now I have no heating issues .but ik when I convert over to a 4s system and taller gearing I might notice some so I'm just preparing for when it happens.im sure a strong fan on the esc would work just fine but I think fresh air being sucked in through the scoop to the esc not only will it be cool looking but also knowing the scoop is actually a real working ram air induction.and it can't hurt..only issue is that it's going to be a pain everytime I have to remove the body cover.thats going to be the down side.unless I make a quick disconnect system on the tube.any ideas or advice plz share
Damn almost forgot I also have to put in the red battery hold down that's part of the center spline but I need to Dremel out a little screw nub that's in the way.when that's installed I'll be able to get that battery strap in place.

Last edited:
As of now I have no heating issues .but ik when I convert over to a 4s system and taller gearing I might notice some so I'm just preparing for when it happens.im sure a strong fan on the esc would work just fine but I think fresh air being sucked in through the scoop to the esc not only will it be cool looking but also knowing the scoop is actually a real working ram air induction.and it can't hurt..only issue is that it's going to be a pain everytime I have to remove the body cover.thats going to be the down side.unless I make a quick disconnect system on the tube.any ideas or advice plz share

You need to DIY a Ram Air "mating duct coupler"..
That way you can easily take the body off without having to fiddle with trying to disconnect some air hose or ducting...

Basically just like a real 1:1 muscle car hood scoop..
1672344624498.png

Thanks @Tex Koder I appreciate you stopping by sometimes I feel like I'm talking to my self on this build thread lol

We're watching
the eye flames GIF

Right over your shoulder.. >> Everything that you're doing.

You need to DIY a Ram Air "mating duct coupler"..
That way you can easily take the body off without having to fiddle with trying to disconnect some air hose or ducting...

Basically just like a real 1:1 muscle car hood scoop..
View attachment 265769
Wow that's cool seems like a lot of stuff lol gonna have to put some much thinking into this.im sure I'll come up with something.

Wow that's cool seems like a lot of stuff lol gonna have to put some much thinking into this.im sure I'll come up with something.

Not really..
Just need a Scoop and a mating coupler underneath..

The challenging part would be aligning the two pieces on the body to your ESC (or where ever you intend to have the air to be directed.)

We're watching
the eye flames GIF

Right over your shoulder.. >> Everything that you're doing.
Thank you sometimes I feel by myself doing this build and motivation at times goes away.but then you and a few others pop up and bring that excited feeling back.tough to get this all done with working so many hours at work and trying to spend time with my family.appreciate the support from you all🤟😁👍
Well I'm making a hood scoop from the 2nd big rock body.i cutt out the hood and decided it into 3 parts.i beleive there is a pic on page 3 or 4.but I need to Dremel it smooth and apply the sides.then make a opening in the front but I'm afraid the opening won't be enough.i don't have much material to play with.we shall see..also I think the sound of the fan inside the scoop will sound louder because it will be concealed inside.might sound like a real motor under the hood😁might even throw in a red led bulb and the red glow will show out of the opening 😁👍what y'all think?
Not really..
Just need a Scoop and a mating coupler underneath..

The challenging part would be aligning the two pieces on the body to your ESC (or where ever you intend to have the air to be directed.)
Looks like the center of the hood is about 6 or 7" away .that's why I was thinking that red flex tubing.if I can manage to keep the tubing in place directly under the fan shroud or neck then it might work without me disconnecting any tubes everytime I need to remove the cover.but the neck on the fan needs to be long so the tubing snugs in and out easily
Hey @Tex Koder why am I not getting alerts of your build project? I believe I'm following it.send me a link to yours plz.thanks

Last edited:
I haven't done much to my stretch build lately.. That's why no alerts..

Been busy with other side projects.

Went to my local Ace hardware store and got me some cherry red paint and also a week ago got a roll of 3d carbon fiber wrap .I'll post more pics when the defusser is painted👍😁

IMG_20221229_193627756.jpg

I cleaned the plastic really good with rubbing alcohol.and gave it a first very light coat..I also heated up the plastic first with a hair dryer before the first coat.and also on the second speeds up the process of waiting for coats to dry and for glossy paint you want that surface warm .rather than a cold surfaces where the glossiness fades away .I've sprayed auto motive for many years and allways sprayed in warm heated booths.like in powder coating the part needs to be at least 350 degrees so the powder melts on to the surface .and there is a curing process when it goes back into the oven.ive powder coated many motorcycle gas tanks and fenders.frames etc.anyways 3rd coming next and should be the last coat.then install time😁👍🤟

IMG_20221229_201611593.jpg

IMG_20221229_203030609.jpg

I cleaned the plastic really good with rubbing alcohol.and gave it a first very light coat..I also heated up the plastic first with a hair dryer before the first coat.and also on the second speeds up the process of waiting for coats to dry and for glossy paint you want that surface warm .rather than a cold surfaces where the glossiness fades away .I've sprayed auto motive for many years and allways sprayed in warm heated booths.like in powder coating the part needs to be at least 350 degrees so the powder melts on to the surface .and there is a curing process when it goes back into the oven.ive powder coated many motorcycle gas tanks and fenders.frames etc.anyways 3rd coming next and should be the last coat.then install time😁👍🤟

IMG_20221229_201611593.jpg

IMG_20221229_203030609.jpg
When you first look at these pics they look like something bloody on the stool.🤣🤣

Final coat is done .color is actually a little darker than what is on the pics.its a cherry red

IMG_20221229_220147231.jpg

IMG_20221229_220243550.jpg

I'll waite a little while before peeling of the protective layer and installing it.paint needs to get a little bit harder

Installed 🤟😁

16723753121424745145490030094247.jpg

Not sure if I should leave the top red or paint it black and just leave the bottom side red🤔any suggestions?
Kinda like it both ways.if I did paint the top black I could run the red racing strips through the middle but I'm already going to run the racing strips through the spoiler so maybey that wouldn't look good or maybe it would.only one way to find out🤟😁

Attachments

• 16723756891488311474556664375759.jpg
    16723756891488311474556664375759.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I was wondering if I should buy these gears or from the infraction? What's your take? Or is there a better set up available?

Screenshot_20221230-121306.png

Back