Big Rock 💪 BIG PAPA LONG ROCK 32" stretched speedster build. KING OF ALL ROCKS 👍

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started working on my side skirts.im using lexan measured and cut and drilled holes and I'll be nut and bolting it down .since I have the brace in the middle the side skirts will be in top of that brace so to make up for the gaps on the sides I'll cut small peices of lexan and slide them in and bolt them down with the side skirts.after I plan on 3d carbon fiber wrap them in black .was going to spray the bottom side red but I decided to just wrap it all with C.F . I think it will look good . hopefully 🤣.still debating on painting my center brace red ..should I? Let me know cause I like the aluminum look but also the red look .adds to my color scheme..I've been also working on the body alot .making a hood scoop .and actually made Two I'll show you guys in a bit .want to know what you guys think.. cool if I could start a poll in my thread but I don't think I can..

IMG_20230102_200018155.jpg

IMG_20230102_200043962.jpg

This lexan I'm using is 3mm thick should be thick enough at high speeds ..like anything over 50;is high for me🤣🤣🤣🤣
I'll show pics of the pieces I cut to add under to stabilize the side skirts.i could have made just one solid peice and made it my chassis brace and side skirts all at ounce but I didn't want to remove them braces .to many bolts🤣🤣.

Last edited:
Started working on my side skirts.im using lexan measured and cut and drilled holes and I'll be nut and bolting it down .since I have the brace in the middle the side skirts will be in top of that brace so to make up for the gaps on the sides I'll cut small peices of lexan and slide them in and bolt them down with the side skirts.after I plan on 3d carbon fiber wrap them in black .was going to spray the bottom side red but I decided to just wrap it all with C.F . I think it will look good . hopefully 🤣.still debating on painting my center brace red ..should I? Let me know cause I like the aluminum look but also the red look .adds to my color scheme..I've been also working on the body alot .making a hood scoop .and actually made Two I'll show you guys in a bit .want to know what you guys think.. cool if I could start a poll in my thread but I don't think I can..

View attachment 266966

View attachment 266967
This lexan I'm using is 3mm thick should be thick enough at high speeds ..like anything over 50;is high for me🤣🤣🤣🤣
I'll show pics of the pieces I cut to add under to stabilize the side skirts.i could have made just one solid peice and made it my chassis brace and side skirts all at ounce but I didn't want to remove them braces .to many bolts🤣🤣.
Looks good! I love following this build! Keep it up!

I'm one of them people's that sees things out of nothing that most people just throw away every day. I was doing laundry and I ran out of laundry detergent and started looking at the bottle..and I saw something I could make .🤔 I love making things and the plastic on this is pretty solid and rigid and the more I looked at it all of sudden I saw something right in front of my face was a hood blower scoop I could make from the Handel and the part it was connected to ..here is some pics of my crazy ass vision.looks like a blower from like a american drag muscle car 🤣🤟💪🇺🇸.I'm going to clean it up and trim it flush to my big rocks hood .and then paint it glossy black..Ive been thinking of making a real working ram air hood scoop and I have now 2 hood scoops to work with ..this one will look just crazy rediculous that I'm sure no other big rock will come to compare ..the whole stock body is like no other.and that's what I'm aiming for..I want this build to be something no one has ever seen before...it won't be perfect because nothing is but it's going to be a wow factor for sure .🤟😁👍
Tons of people out there that can easily print something that will look better than my cutting plastic skills can.but I like to custom things my way.. honestly this isn't hard to do .find a nice bottle that's thick and make parts.buy a nice set of sizzors and a Dremel and some sand paper . shaping these parts is where the labor is.. thinking of what you want it to look like is the easy part.so I have two scoops and I'm not sure which one to go with..the other one is from the 2nd stock big rock body I mutilated to extend the bed side of this beast.if you go back in page 4 I believe there is a pic of the hood I cut in to 3 peices to make a raised hood scoop.i am going to lay down red racing stripes along the top of these scoops running through the whole bed and some of the nose.cant waite to get that started,sorry I jump around a lot from one thing to another but that's just how I am 🤣🤣🤣silly ass me ..I wish I was more organized in my build but I just work on what my heart wants to at the moment.here is pics of the other hood scoop I'm making .I have to make the sides .fan will be installed under side on the original good.then I'll put that flex tube/ red in color down to the esc ..cool that female dog down.i hope.
I need to trim and sand down all peices before putting them together.ill join them by epoxy..which is sandable .I'll cut out the hole for the red flex tube in the stock good tomorrow and drill 4 holes for the fan.. waiting on the red flex tube to come in from mail.
So plz let me know which one you think would work or look best .. because I can't decide.i love them both.. probably the big blower would work best because of the front opening is larger and it would provide more flow to the esc..the other one I'm just cutting a little in the front don't have much material to cut from but should be enough..I'm hoping the fan sounds cool inside the scoop

IMG_20230102_221249672.jpg

IMG_20230102_221239874.jpg

IMG_20230102_221048886.jpg

IMG_20230102_221225020_MP.jpg

IMG_20230102_220642391.jpg

IMG_20230102_220728857_MP.jpg

IMG_20230102_221316440.jpg

IMG_20230102_221359470_MP.jpg

IMG_20230102_224055962_MP.jpg

IMG_20230102_224130941.jpg

IMG_20230102_224113440.jpg

IMG_20230102_224101723.jpg

Last edited:
3 parts from the 2nd big rock cover

IMG_20221203_203422044.jpg

I also cut out the lower section of the front nose and will be modifying it to add to the lower part of the front ..making the grill a tad bit longer plus adding 2 more fog lights on the side which will give me 4 fogs and 2 head lights..I already have the lighting but need to extend my harnesses because of the stretched chassis.
3 parts from the 2nd big rock cover

IMG_20221203_203422044.jpg

I also cut out the lower section of the front nose and will be modifying it to add to the lower part of the front ..making the grill a tad bit longer plus adding 2 more fog lights on the side which will give me 4 fogs and 2 head lights..I already have the lighting but need to extend my harnesses because of the stretched chassis.
Plzzzz don't laugh...🤣🤣🤣🤣I promise I'll make this look good👍just cheer me on and give me that motivation that I need.

Attachments

• IMG_20221219_225101997.jpg
    IMG_20221219_225101997.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 34
I personally like the smaller scoop, you did a great job with it so far and it looks like you could buy it that way. The first one, while I love ingenuity, is not my favorite. Not a bad idea though, and not saying it doesn’t look good, just like the other one more!

I personally like the smaller scoop, you did a great job with it so far and it looks like you could buy it that way. The first one, while I love ingenuity, is not my favorite. Not a bad idea though, and not saying it doesn’t look good, just like the other one more!
Awesome that's what I need to know from a lot so I can make a choice.im going to paint them both and put them on when body is painted then go with the highest choice.👍 appreciate your input means a lot..spread the word in my build because I don't think many see this.kinda lonely in here 😔at times

Parts orders update.new vortex shocks Should be here by Monday.. should help get me my stance back because vortex towers and big rock shocks don't work right .it lifted my chassis up higher and puts my drive shafts at a bad angle so hopefully these work out .as for what kind of oil I should use I'll have to ask around see what's best.

Screenshot_20230114-045637.png

Also waiting on some red and black braided wire loom . should be here also by Monday or tuesday.excited to see what it looks like installed 🤟😁👍

Screenshot_20230114-064934.png

I need to get some shrink tube.ill probably go to my lhs soon and buy some.
Tonight I'll work a little more on the body.more Dremel work . flushing the edges and smoothing them .still undecided on which hood scoop to go with.but no worries I got plenty of time to figure it out.stay tuned boyz and girls🤟😁👍

Not expected but I got my spanking bran new silver aluminum shocks .they look so sweet .lm excited to get these on.this install should bring my axle drive shafts back to normal balance angle.im just throwing these on to see how they look but will take them back out to fill with the proper oil..if someone could tell me the correct oil weight for rear and front shocks plz tell me.im clueless to this .would vegetable oil work 🤣
I was going to get red aluminum but for some reason I ended going with the silver ..didn't want everything to be red so aluminum should set it off right matching the aluminum center brace I made
Not expected but I got my spanking bran new silver aluminum shocks .they look so sweet .lm excited to get these on.this install should bring my axle drive shafts back to normal balance angle.im just throwing these on to see how they look but will take them back out to fill with the proper oil..if someone could tell me the correct oil weight for rear and front shocks plz tell me.im clueless to this .would vegetable oil work 🤣
I was going to get red aluminum but for some reason I ended going with the silver ..didn't want everything to be red so aluminum should set it off right matching the aluminum center brace I made
Well I'll be back in a bit going to throw these on
Also going to buy some red flex tube for the ram air hood scoop to the esc cooling fan .been really thinking of a simple easy way to get air to your esc cooler and effectively.and I'm apologize that I haven't been showing to much on the fabrication of the body but it's because I have multiple ideas and I so damn fkin indecisive that I can't choose .that and everytime I look at it I have a nother idea and stop working on the last idea 🥴😜🤪
.yup goofy ass me .no worries .I got suttin you all will love when I'm done .😬
I must say these shocks have real good springs because when I compress them it feels like when they are with oil and honestly almost feel for what I do I won't need to fill them.for the little bit of un eveness on the road I feel these will work fine ..let's seee

Attachments

• IMG_20230114_212951904.jpg
    IMG_20230114_212951904.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20230114_213218808.jpg
    IMG_20230114_213218808.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20230114_213203371.jpg
    IMG_20230114_213203371.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Shocks installed.brought my stance back down low again .🤟😁👍 These seem real nice quality.nice machinest work.will go today and pick up some oil for them .was talking to @Camaroboy383 and suggested i start with 50wt.like to send out a shout out to him for helping me.🤟😁👍

IMG_20230115_003127597.jpg

IMG_20230115_001203849.jpg

IMG_20230115_001022053.jpg

IMG_20230115_003154764.jpg

Real quick .these shocks also brought my drive shafts back to a balanced level they are sitting straight now.i love how I can adjust the turn buckels on these shocks.BRcc stock shock have no adjustment.

Those look great! Cant wait to see it running! Also, 50 weight is a good suggestion imo.
I want to make a vid also but it's been so cold out and my wife and my oldest son are chickens .they hate the cold so I'll have to buy some sort of head gear and a go pro

Parts update.
1 carbon fiber splitter
Was making one from lexan but saw this deal and couldn't pass up.had this in my watch list and seller sent me a offer I accepted.😁👍

Screenshot_20230124-213323.png

3 day shipping so hopefully by Friday or Saturday I should have it..can't wait to get it on .also will be putting on the side skirts .holes are drilled . Just have to wrap them up in carbon fiber vinyl film.

Last edited:
Back