Big Rock 💪 BIG PAPA LONG ROCK 32" stretched speedster build. KING OF ALL ROCKS 👍

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King blitz

Don't just modify . customize .
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Vendetta
  5. Infraction 4x4
Wasup every one .so I love my Big Rock and I had a dream. To make my BR longer . I'm always looking at it and seeing what can be done to make this truck better..and arrma has made a beautiful truck to start with but we as RC hobbiest we have different views /ideas/thoughts.so normal or stock isn't for us .I want to be able to express my self through a creation .one that I hope inspire others to do the same .it's what makes us who we are.we are rc alohics 😆 so I'm going to start this build and share my ideas .I'll show pics of steps I take along the way.plz be patient because this isn't going to happen in a day. I'm am currently waiting on parts I ordered. I plan to extend the chassis and also the original Big Rock body cover .body cover will require for me to do extensive body work.alot of prefabricating will have to be done .I' have a few ideas on how to go about this.soon as these parts come in I'll start. Body will have to be the first thing I start on .only because I'm limited to sections of the new cover that I can use..either I go with a extra cab or longer bed or extra cab and longer bed..when I choose then I'll get a measurement.with that then I can start on chassis cutting.i bought another stock blx v3 3s chassis and also another center drive shaft.will be putting both together to the length I need.all of this modding will be crazy.but I'm excited to do this.i have not seen a extended big rock yet with original body also extended.so wish me luck and let's ROCK 🤟🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

IMG_20221003_212557444.jpg

This is the before picture .☝️ little monster truck that will be transformed into a long street beast.First ever of it's kind .there will be no other like this .I make my claim now.i have done much searching and have found no build threads of anyone on here or the web to make this claim.id like to say it's going to be the birth of "BIG PAPA LONG ROCK"💪😁🇺🇲

Screenshot_20221008-220809.png

Screenshot_20221008-105528.png

Screenshot_20221008-105604.png

Last edited:
Update on parts..BRcc body cover estimated date this Friday. BRcc blx v3 3s chassis this Thursday and BRcc v3 center drive shaft also this friday.but I think I should have bought the swb one.i shall see if I can work with it if not back to the drawing board.👍

Update on parts..BRcc body cover estimated date this Friday. BRcc blx v3 3s chassis this Thursday and BRcc v3 center drive shaft also this friday.but I think I should have bought the swb one.i shall see if I can work with it if not back to the drawing board.👍
You need another rc streak!! 🤣

Many people would just buy the kraton 4s v2 :)
But! your BigRock will be unique and special! Good Luck
Thx big p👍🤟
Update on parts .. chassis is in .came today and I'm so excited.one part of the puzzle aquired

Attachments

• IMG_20221011_222707271.jpg
    IMG_20221011_222707271.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 64
Thx big p👍🤟
Update on parts .. chassis is in .came today and I'm so excited.one part of the puzzle aquired
If you click on the photos I noticed a better quality
Another part added to the build list.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221012-230847.png
    Screenshot_20221012-230847.png
    198.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Parts update.
Center drive shaft 4x4 v3 blx 3s with high speed bearing. And it came with some cool parts book and instruction pamphlet 👍

View attachment 249874
I think merging 2 of these together might be longer than I need..🤔 I'll have to wait till the Body comes in and also the red aluminum slipper shaft.

Purchased another center drive shaft but this time a swb one .just in case the 2 lwb ones are to long after I merge them together.

Screenshot_20221015-093137.png

Purchased another center drive shaft but this time a swb one .just in case the 2 lwb ones are to long after I merge them together.

Screenshot_20221015-093137.png
Trying to keep this extension build by using original parts but if I have to use a swb shaft I will.at least it's still from arrma. Also update on parts delivery.my extra BRcc body should be here today😆🤟then I can start this project.also waiting on the slipper shaft that I need to use to merge both shafts together.wont be here till Monday 😭I'll start on the body first .been thinking of a few ways to go about the body extension.lets see what I come up with👍

Parts update :
Second BRcc body cover has arrived boyz 😁 and the swb center drive shaft should be here today if not definitely tomorrow.now I can start my project..been thinking alot on how to go about this as there a few ways especially with the body.but I pretty much have what I need let's get to it.👍

IMG_20221017_053706076.jpg

Parts update :
Second BRcc body cover has arrived boyz 😁 and the swb center drive shaft should be here today if not definitely tomorrow.now I can start my project..been thinking alot on how to go about this as there a few ways especially with the body.but I pretty much have what I need let's get to it.
So first chassis has been cut .I ended up cutting the rear off because I want to transfer everything from the old one to the new .only because I going clean the diffs and relube 😁everything.

IMG_20221023_211534619.jpg

So first chassis has been cut .I ended up cutting the rear off because I want to transfer everything from the old one to the new .only because I going clean the diffs and relube 😁everything.

IMG_20221023_211534619.jpg

Last edited:
Center drive shaft is in place .I did have the front diff in when I was test fitting.i ended up using a swb and a lwb shaft and then merging both with the slipper shaft .when I tryed to use both lwb shafts it just made the chassis to way to long and I was concerned about the body cover not fitting .I tryed numerous ways to think of best way to fully extend both body covers and I would allways come inches short.so the best option was using 1swb and 1 swb.i haven't measured the total length of the chassis yet but I gained at least 6 inches longer than the original chassis.ill get exact measurements when I brace the chassis have everything together.i already have started also on the body.both body covers have been cut and still trying to figure out a few things.im still undecided on what I want to do.i have 3 ways to do it.also going to modify the hood of the BRcc.been looking at some other cool things I'll be adding and changing.ill keep you all posted with more photos .

IMG_20221023_223806912.jpg

Center drive shaft is in place .I did have the front diff in when I was test fitting.i ended up using a swb and a lwb shaft and then merging both with the slipper shaft .when I tryed to use both lwb shafts it just made the chassis to way to long and I was concerned about the body cover not fitting .I tryed numerous ways to think of best way to fully extend both body covers and I would allways come inches short.so the best option was using 1swb and 1 swb.i haven't measured the total length of the chassis yet but I gained at least 6 inches longer than the original chassis.ill get exact measurements when I brace the chassis have everything together.i already have started also on the body.both body covers have been cut and still trying to figure out a few things.im still undecided on what I want to do.i have 3 ways to do it.also going to modify the hood of the BRcc.been looking at some other cool things I'll be adding and changing.ill keep you all posted with more photos .

Also been drawing out some designs on a custom spoiler. And on my ideas on paint work .not sure if I'm going to go with a solid color or two tone or if I'm going to use graphics or not.undecided.. this week I'll be mainly working on getting this all braced up and then start putting it all back together.body cover will take the longest .

Also been drawing out some designs on a custom spoiler. And on my ideas on paint work .not sure if I'm going to go with a solid color or two tone or if I'm going to use graphics or not.undecided.. this week I'll be mainly working on getting this all braced up and then start putting it all back together.body cover will take the longest .
Sorry for posting duplicate photos lol.

Last edited:
In this whole build so far my best friend is my tape measure.if you plan to do this build a tape measure just makes life so much easier.could you do this with out one? Yes there are other ways to measure like using just masking tape .masking tape is another important tool I find very useful in this project .I used a normal hack saw to cut the chassis with fine tooth blade . Took a while and you won't get a clean cut so you'll need a flat long block with some 60 grit so get both sides even and then change over to a final finish sand paper like 400.wet sanding doesn't leave behind that white dry look on the edges that composite has after sanding dry.i also had to think about my motor wires and esc wires making sure I had enough length for them to connect.i gave them both a dry fit and seems like I'll be ok .fingers crossed

In this whole build so far my best friend is my tape measure.if you plan to do this build a tape measure just makes life so much easier.could you do this with out one? Yes there are other ways to measure like using just masking tape .masking tape is another important tool I find very useful in this project .I used a normal hack saw to cut the chassis with fine tooth blade . Took a while and you won't get a clean cut so you'll need a flat long block with some 60 grit so get both sides even and then change over to a final finish sand paper like 400.wet sanding doesn't leave behind that white dry look on the edges that composite has after sanding dry.i also had to think about my motor wires and esc wires making sure I had enough length for them to connect.i gave them both a dry fit and seems like I'll be ok .fingers crossed
Update on chassis bracing.so bottom plate is installed center drive shaft is true.nice and straight.i ended up not using aluminum plates because of weight isues.they we're to heavy .so I used plexiglass.the plexiglass is light and braces the chassis nice . tomorrow I'll be installing top inside brace .this build is coming balong nicely.couldnt be happier with how it's looking and going together.ill post pics as soon as I'm done with the bracing 👍😁

Back