Big Rock 💪 BIG PAPA LONG ROCK 32" stretched speedster build. KING OF ALL ROCKS 👍

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool build, man. I just saw this. Quite a project!
Thanks Dan I appreciate it bud.allways nice to have people give good feed back.gives me more motivation to continue to do more.how did you come across this build thread? Not to many know about it.im no where near done but I'll stay on it and keep updating as I go.👍😁

Thanks Dan I appreciate it bud.allways nice to have people give good feed back.gives me more motivation to continue to do more.how did you come across this build thread? Not to many know about it.im no where near done but I'll stay on it and keep updating as I go.👍😁
From the link you posted in General Chaos. 👍

Today went to my local hardware store and got 2 strips of aluminum.going to make my own center brace .I had to get 2 because I couldn't find any square stock that would fit on the center gear box mount.but I put 2 together and they fit perfectly.don't need any shims .nice and snug.might either paint or carbon fiber wrap it .

IMG_20221209_190254294.jpg

IMG_20221209_190044551.jpg

IMG_20221209_185858479.jpg

IMG_20221209_185537498.jpg

IMG_20221209_185648740.jpg

I'll post more pics as I go along

Last edited:
Before I even attempt to cut the 2 aluminum bars for my center brace I need to install the vortex 4x4 v3 bulkheads.i chose to use them because of 2 reasons.#1 because they have the center brace mounts already on them and # 2 because the shock towers are shorter.didnt realize they were untill I put them side by side which works out 😃👍.now I can use shorter shocks in the rear.ik many like the rear to have a higher stance but since I'm not really planning on going higher than a 4s system in this or doing crazy speeds that would lift my front end up then I think having the rear and the front even will look good and ride nice.hopefully it does.oh and #3 the vortex bulkheads allows me also use the BR stock body mounts.which is also a plus because it will lower my body .to use the BR body mounts you need to remove the vortex body mounts off to expose the screw holes to tighten the BR body mount in place.im mentioning this because I was asked if the vortex body mounts are molded into the bulkheads..they are not and can be removed by four screws from the front side.

IMG_20221215_223145629.jpg

IMG_20221215_223231115.jpg

IMG_20221215_222748933.jpg

IMG_20221215_222833678.jpg

IMG_20221215_222610830.jpg

IMG_20221215_222246167.jpg

That's a sweet idea. I like that!!! You going to get a splitter for that front bumper?
Thank you.i was just messing around with thoughts.might go with it and might not .if I do I'm still going to extend the bed top and leave the sides open and was thinking of placing some red l.e.d lights under the bed so a nice red glow would lite up the inside .yeah I plan to make a front splitter also from lexan along with side skirts.then wrap them in carbon fiber.i have tons of lexan sheets hanging around and rolls of 3d CF. I have red and black and silver .so I figured why not use what I have .maybey someday in the future I'll get real CF if the lexan and wrap doesn't hold up well.ill work on it tonight .bulk heads and brace getting done first .
Thank you.i was just messing around with thoughts.might go with it and might not .if I do I'm still going to extend the bed top and leave the sides open and was thinking of placing some red l.e.d lights under the bed so a nice red glow would lite up the inside .yeah I plan to make a front splitter also from lexan along with side skirts.then wrap them in carbon fiber.i have tons of lexan sheets hanging around and rolls of 3d CF. I have red and black and silver .so I figured why not use what I have .maybey someday in the future I'll get real CF if the lexan and wrap doesn't hold up well.ill work on it tonight .bulk heads and brace getting done first .
I was thinking also instead of painting the body when it's complete with which ever way I go .I might wrap it with CF also.maybey black CF with red CF racing strips leading into the wing.black and red are my favorite colors.thats the colors I'm sticking with..I even thought about the other option red CF wrap with black strips.🤔

Last edited:
So I took it out for a quick spin 20 minutes to be exact . battery was fully charged and going to put it away for storage so I needed to drain the lipo down to 3.8 .anyways I had a blast😃.it rides so smooth and stable and straight now lol.but I had to trim down my stearing rate because it was way to sensitive.never tryed to make it slide and today I did and it slides so easy .maybey because it's 32" long.im really happy how it rides.first time using it with no cover only because it's under fabrication.lipo seems fine .it's cold here around 32 degrees but I had it wrapped in 2 thick socks and in some foam insulation wrap . anyways figured I'd let you guys know it's running sweet and can stop worrying about it not going straight during speed passes.i must admit slick tires don't like the cold .lol

So I took it out for a quick spin 20 minutes to be exact . battery was fully charged and going to put it away for storage so I needed to drain the lipo down to 3.8 .anyways I had a blast😃.it rides so smooth and stable and straight now lol.but I had to trim down my stearing rate because it was way to sensitive.never tryed to make it slide and today I did and it slides so easy .maybey because it's 32" long.im really happy how it rides.first time using it with no cover only because it's under fabrication.lipo seems fine .it's cold here around 32 degrees but I had it wrapped in 2 thick socks and in some foam insulation wrap . anyways figured I'd let you guys know it's running sweet and can stop worrying about it not going straight during speed passes.i must admit slick tires don't like the cold .lol
Sweeeet!! Glad it's working out for you dude 🤘🏼🤘🏼 very interested to see what you do with the body in the end

Sweeeet!! Glad it's working out for you dude 🤘🏼🤘🏼 very interested to see what you do with the body in the end
Thanks bud 😃I can't wait to show it either.i know you want to see what ends up looking when I'm done .just need to figure some things out first.but I promise I'll keep you all updated.right now I'm actually tearing down the rear . putting in the vortex bulk heads and then get that custom brace in.i might paint the center brace red .or CF wrap it

IMG_20221217_194918345.jpg

Thanks bud 😃I can't wait to show it either.i know you want to see what ends up looking when I'm done .just need to figure some things out first.but I promise I'll keep you all updated.right now I'm actually tearing down the rear . putting in the vortex bulk heads and then get that custom brace in.i might paint the center brace red .or CF wrap it

IMG_20221217_194918345.jpg
The center shaft is perfect center and my input gears are perfect .so that's a good thing because I was worried if it was to loose or to tight but I set it nice so that's a plus .no strain on them gears.ok going to work.ill update soon..👍✌️

Confirmed .the stock towers are taller on the big rock ..the vortex towers are shorter ..👍😃. I removed the long ARms and put the short red aluminum ones on.

IMG_20221217_211117139.jpg

IMG_20221217_200226517.jpg

Not sure if it was a good choice but seems to be working well I used 2 hex screws and 2 nylon nuts to secure the center brace in place.i might paint the center brace with iodized red paint .not sure yet.and I'm also thinking of adding a few screws along the middle of the brace just to give it more stability.right now it's just the ends holding them two aluminum bars together so by adding a few screws to the center it will make them as one bar rather than two.any thoughts would be appreciated.tonight I'll start on the side air deflectors.
Quick pics of the hex screws and nylon nut I used.wish I could find red ones but I couldn't

Attachments

• IMG_20221223_142747775.jpg
    IMG_20221223_142747775.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20221223_142922159.jpg
    IMG_20221223_142922159.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 32
LOL. There wasn't much in there to start with.

Yes, it's good. I never even thought about extending a mega chassis. It never ceases to amaze me the creativity of the AF members.
Thank you..I appreciate it.i didn't use a mega chassis I used my original which is the lwb big rock chassis plus another swb and merged both.not sure if you meant mega by the mega chassis on the brushed version or if you meant mega meaning xtra long .either way thank you.more to come in this build especially with the body .that's on its way👍

Thank you..I appreciate it.i didn't use a mega chassis I used my original which is the lwb big rock chassis plus another swb and merged both.not sure if you meant mega by the mega chassis on the brushed version or if you meant mega meaning xtra long .either way thank you.more to come in this build especially with the body .that's on its way👍
I was thinking Mega chassis just because I don't know the difference. <- Ignorance. Either way thought it's pretty cool.

Back