Big Rock 💪 BIG PAPA LONG ROCK 32" stretched speedster build. KING OF ALL ROCKS 👍

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This weekend I might start installing back all my led lights..I used the new body cover so I have re drill all the holes again for the roof led lights.as for the extending the rear bed I have removed the bed top of the old cover and trimmed it all up.but I'm also liking the back naked .kinda like the open end look .gives it that drag racing look.and I like that fact you can easily see that aluminum center brace showing .I even thought of making a whole top bed from lexan and wrapping it in carbon fiber wrap and leaving a 3" by 6" square in the middle just clear and installing red led lights inside the chassis.like a little window glowing red.with the Arrma forum sticker on top .I strongly might do this .any thoughts plz send them my way.👍😁stay tuned .more coming I promise

Parts update.. ordered a pair of neat looking tail led lights that will compliment my back end .they look pretty mean .I already had led lights just I saw these and couldn't resist 😁.had to get them

Screenshot_20230129-195134.png

Screenshot_20230129-195241.png

Time to start looking for dual fans for the motor.been also looking for a 4s system.maybey outcast or krayton .just not sure what kv would be best for this build.any suggestions plz drop that info.thanks😁👍

I’m guessing a lower kv motor with a higher voltage rating then you can get high torque and gear up for speed🤷‍♂️
I’m not experienced, just an idea from reading, hopefully smarter people will also comment😂

I’m guessing a lower kv motor with a higher voltage rating then you can get high torque and gear up for speed🤷‍♂️
I’m not experienced, just an idea from reading, hopefully smarter people will also comment😂
I don't know either .I'll look into your advice and if it's what I need to then I'll get started ..but tonight I have work to do on Big Papa👍😁
I was allways under the impression that a higher kv motor would give me more power.🤔

Last edited:
I don't know either .I'll look into your advice and if it's what I need to then I'll get started ..but tonight I have work to do on Big Papa👍😁

I was allways under the impression that a higher kv motor would give me more power.🤔
Higher KV means more rotations per volt. This means your motor itself will spin faster. Then, you can change gearing to get your final drive back up. If you can get a matching final drive, a 1100 kv motor should have the same overall car speed as a 3000 kv motor. Then, the 1100 kv motor would have more torque, and equal speed to the 3000 kv motor. This is why the top speed runners use lower kv motors.
@LibertyMKiii has way more knowledge than me on this topic, but I’ve learned a bit from reading his posts! There are many others, I’d also suggest talking to @vwturbowolf i believe he has some great knowledge about motors.
Higher KV means more rotations per volt. This means your motor itself will spin faster. Then, you can change gearing to get your final drive back up. If you can get a matching final drive, a 1100 kv motor should have the same overall car speed as a 3000 kv motor. Then, the 1100 kv motor would have more torque, and equal speed to the 3000 kv motor. This is why the top speed runners use lower kv motors.
@LibertyMKiii has way more knowledge than me on this topic, but I’ve learned a bit from reading his posts! There are many others, I’d also suggest talking to @vwturbowolf i believe he has some great knowledge about motors.
At some point though, too low a kv and you won’t be able to adequately gear for the speeds you want. There are websites for checking speeds and gear ratios, but I don’t currently have a link.

At some point though, too low a kv and you won’t be able to adequately gear for the speeds you want. There are websites for checking speeds and gear ratios, but I don’t currently have a link.
Good info 👍I'll look in to it thank you

Finally got around to finishing my side skirts from lexan and I wrapped them in carbon fiber film .pretty good stuff .makes the lexan seem more sturdier. It's just for looks anyways not trying to compare to the real stuff but front splitter is real CF .I'm super excited to get this running but I can't .too 🥶🥶.here's what it looks like now .is it even a Big Rock any more 🤔 Transformation has begun.!! Now it's Big PAPA LONG ROCK 💪👏👏👏👏👏

IMG_20230204_235850337.jpg

IMG_20230205_002750997.jpg

Now I need to get these new led tail lights installed..they will complete the back end .. actually no they won't..I'm actually also starting to mess with different ideas for exhaust tips .with a smoke simulator .here's the lights 😁🤟

Attachments

• IMG_20230203_222826440.jpg
    IMG_20230203_222826440.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20230203_221927713.jpg
    IMG_20230203_221927713.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 29
Led tail lights and every other led lights I have that I was going to install back on tonight will have to wait..due to I need harness extension's.my harnesses are all to short and won't reach so I need to buy some Y splitters and some extensions.😭.so I'l work on something else.maybey installing the pet expandable braided cord on my wires and cables.😁😁

Well I pulled the trigger.
BIG PAPA LONG ROCK is now getting a new ❤️...after a hard choice and a lot of consideration I have chosen to get the Mamba Monster 2 esc and castle sensored brushless motor combo.4s system is on its way soon..😁🤟I'm very excited .I should have plenty of power now to accomodate the added weight ..

Screenshot_20230212-224045.png

Screenshot_20230212-223245.png

Back