Big Rock Big Rock V3 build- "Big Rock Van"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1615694549409.png

Masking is done, painting tomorrow maybe?

Bonus shot of the body I'm doing for my crawler:

1615697110387.png

Last edited:
Pictures of the mostly complete, although I hadn't put the decals on yet. I'm pretty happy how both turned out, a couple of small errors, but nothing major. The body has been pretty durable so far, but we'll see...

View attachment 145538View attachment 145539

View attachment 145540
Great job! Love it! :love: What red crawler is that?

I'm curious to see how well your modded front bumper holds up lol. I'm assuming it has work so far??
Nice gaming setup. I've always wanted one of those clutch/brake/gas things. It looks like you have it pretty realistic.

Great job! Love it! :love: What red crawler is that?
I'm curious to see how well your modded front bumper holds up lol. I'm assuming it has work so far??
Nice gaming setup. I've always wanted one of those clutch/brake/gas things. It looks like you have it pretty realistic.

It's an SCX 10 iii, It's stock for now but it's a lot of fun with the Mamba X. I just did the Jurassic Park body for fun since it came with the kit while I was waiting for the ProLine Ranger body to match my 1:1 truck, lol.
So far the bumper has been pretty good, but I haven't had any massive hits yet... fingers crossed
The racing seat is pretty basic but it's fun. It's a Logitech G920 and old TV on a cheap frame with a VW Scirocco seat. I'll upgrade the monitor eventually but for casual racing it's great.

1620965226804.png

1620965709940.png

1620966303081.png

This is awesome. It makes me sad that vehicle body options aren't more widely available. It seems like there is a good market for body options.

I would love to replace the crew cab body on my Big Rock since I think it's boring but I don't have much of an inclination to mess with hacking a solution together or painting a clear body.
I wonder if the Maxx body would fit? Anyone know?

Wow, amazing paint jobs. What did you use to mask like that?
The graphics are created with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator from reference pictues. I use pictures of the body scaled to match reference measurements to fit the design , then export each as an SVG. I use a Cricut Maker to cut the design into 3M 1080 vinyl and apply that using masking tape as backing paper. I cover it with masking tape, then uncover and pick the vinyl out for each color.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back