Big Rock v3 Wheel Alignment Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spider978

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I was running my truck when my remote just timed out or lagged out on me. My truck then ran into my garage, and only the passenger wheel hit...yikes. Found out there is a common issue with the transmitter on some builds, so the nice guys at Arrma sent me to DX5 on the house! (Nice..I love Arrma) Any hoo, I broke the lower arm. So just in case I replaced
1) Lower Arm
2) C Hub
3) Steering Block
4) Drive Shaft
I adjusted turnbuckle on both side and for whatever reason, the passenger wheel looks like this. This is my first time wrenching on this, what am I missing here? Thanks for the help!

20210304_191653.jpg

20210304_191653.jpg

20210304_191634.jpg

20210304_191628.jpg

20210304_183724.jpg

My bet is you've replace the A arm with the older Big Rock arm, which is shorter. The A arm you need is the same as the 3S Typhon's, part no. AR330543

You could also go for the RPM arms, which are more pliable with less chance of breaking, but can sag over time, part no. RPM80762

Last edited:
My bet is you've replace the A arm with the older Big Rock arm, which is shorter. The A arm you need is the same as the 3S Typhon's, part no. AR330540

You could also go for the RPM arms, which are more pliable with less chance of breaking, but can sag over time, part no. RPM80762
Wow....thanks so much. I'll measure them
I'll double check...when I took the arm off I measured it side by side with the new one. I'll double check, thanks

Or you got the old turnbuckle? Apparently the old rock used to be little bit narrower, I got the new v3 and thought I could make it wider with typhon parts only to realize that they were on the truck already lmao, all well got spares now hahah. These trucks are toys but.... there are very spacfic details you must pay attention to . Aka like not putting your dif in backwards or hooking new servo up with out centering it. Take your time I like wrenching its relaxing.

Update: you were 100% correct. Apparently the part I purchased, AR330543 was correct, but somehow the wrong arms were in the package. And of course, they had no more. Thanks for the help guys!

My bet is you've replace the A arm with the older Big Rock arm, which is shorter. The A arm you need is the same as the 3S Typhon's, part no. AR330543

Yas is right I believe, looks like it's the wrong lower control arm.

Back