Big Rock Big Rock vs Vorteks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BONES

Reaction score
Hey guys so going with Arrma again after my Kraton issues. Got a Maxx Never ran & just sold. I was going to go with a Big Rock, truck is solid & takes a beating! ( son has one) but now I see this Vorteks.. opinions / thoughts on 2? I’m guessing balanced the same, just tire size and body differences. Any info would be great from you pro Arrma guys

thanks in advance

I'm in the same dilemma. Vorteks seems more technologically advanced but uglier (by alot) and $60 more. I do like the tires/wheels better on the V as well, but the BRCC looks soooooooo much better.

For what it’s worth I have the big rock. Which is great. But I like the idea of the avc on the Vortex for high speed hooning. That being said i think if the big rock tyres were belted I wouldn’t care as much. If I really broke the big rock. I’d probably go for the vortex rather than the big rock again mainly to play with the avc and high speed lunacy. Just my two pence.

Big rock is better for jumps/big airs, Vorteks is better for speed/flatter dirt.
You don’t think it will flip as easy as BR? That’s the part of BR I like! So nimble , flips with ease. Thought Vorteks would handle the same? And other thing is do we need 2 of the same truck in house 🤔😉

You don’t think it will flip as easy as BR? That’s the part of BR I like! So nimble , flips with ease. Thought Vorteks would handle the same? And other thing is do we need 2 of the same truck in house 🤔😉
Shorter shocks and shock towers, sits much lower. Check the AMain review on YT for a side-by-side of the 2. I have a Vorteks and it is low enough medium grass drags on the chassis and it gets decently warm. Does jump and flip well, just not as suited for it. If you want a SWB Big Rock snag a Granite and put wide arms on it.

My personal opinion SCT is trash. They perform poorly in all types of terrain they only shine in specific conditions.

My personal opinion SCT is trash. They perform poorly in all types of terrain they only shine in specific conditions.
Good thing that is just your opinion. Routinely pull double backs with my 3S Senton and does extremely well in the freestyle course set up in the grass backyard. Aso, bit sure why you are bringing SCT into this thread, the question is between Big Rock and Vorteks, neither of which are an SCT.

I have both and enjoy each for different reasons. I really love my BR it's such a solid basher but I really enjoy driving the Vorteks because it's so planted and stable. It flys great with easy air control. And it's a Stadium truck not a SCT.

I agree the Vorteks isn't classed as SCT so you can't compare it to the Senton. It's basically a truggy and a good all around basher. I don't THINK anybody would be disappointed buying one haha And it's not ugly, the colors are ;)

Edit: Stadium Truck!!! As Bullet said! Not a truggy. I couldn't remember the class they gave it haha

I agree the Vorteks isn't classed as SCT so you can't compare it to the Senton. It's basically a truggy and a good all around basher. I don't THINK anybody would be disappointed buying one haha And it's not ugly, the colors are ;)
It is officially classified as a Stadium Truck (and fairly accurately at that.) I agree that the paint is very... Traxxas. The body itself is quite well styled. I don't think anyone could go wrong with either a big rock or a vorteks, unless they were looking for something they very specifically aren't, like a street basher (although the Vorteks could be pretty well modded in to one)

I'm in the same dilemma. Vorteks seems more technologically advanced but uglier (by alot) and $60 more. I do like the tires/wheels better on the V as well, but the BRCC looks soooooooo much better.
Decisions... I actually don’t mind the look.. I need to decide by tonight🤔🤦🏻‍♂️
You guys aren’t making this easy decision....😛

Decisions... I actually don’t mind the look.. I need to decide by tonight🤔🤦🏻‍♂️
You guys aren’t making this easy decision....😛
Ok, this should make it easier ~ are you looking for more high speed low drag bashing, or jumps and stunts? Both do both well, but the Vorteks is more speed, big rock more jumps.

Vorteks comes with AVC, a big plus right there. It will be easier to drive on loose terrain, keep its direction. Don't need to upgrade your radio like you need with the BR,Granite or Senton.

Vorteks comes with AVC, a big plus right there. It will be easier to drive on loose terrain, keep its direction. Don't need to upgrade your radio like you need with the BR,Granite or Senton.
Tbqh I see the benefits of AVC but after a while have turned it off on all my cars. Everyone is different, so while some may see it as a benefit, it isn't necessarily an automatic plus. The new radios Arrma is sending out with RTR cars is plenty adequate. Nothing is on the stx2 anymore.

Ok, this should make it easier ~ are you looking for more high speed low drag bashing, or jumps and stunts? Both do both well, but the Vorteks is more speed, big rock more jumps.
Exactly, watching video, thinking BR for the ground clearance & jumping aspect👍🏼

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back