Big Rock Big Rock vs Vorteks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting for mine, takes forever haha
Have fun

Just put AVC in the BR! Try different tires, maybe the Vorteks tires on the BR. The BR is LWB and that helps for speed runs. I have my BR on 6s now.
What kind of upgrades did you do to the drivetrain to handle 6s? I have mine on 4s and it's pretty insane but I donhave a 6s motor/esc in it already. Just curious thanks.

What kind of upgrades did you do to the drivetrain to handle 6s? I have mine on 4s and it's pretty insane but I donhave a 6s motor/esc in it already. Just curious thanks.
I haven't done any upgrades. I know it will fail soon and sooner if I run in high traction areas without remembering it's high traction. I just wanted to see how it does. I have only used 4s lipos for now. I did get M2C wheel extenders/adapters to use the 4s Backflip LPs with 6s. I'm waiting for the Hot Racing yokes. I may have to use GPM though, if I use my own screws and loctite...GPM yoke may be enough. I do have HR metal spur.....Without the HR yokes it will fail, the rear diff....or switch it to metal...that's were I'm at now...waiting for parts to be in stock.

You don’t think it will flip as easy as BR? That’s the part of BR I like! So nimble , flips with ease. Thought Vorteks would handle the same? And other thing is do we need 2 of the same truck in house 🤔😉
I would get the Vortek just so you don't have 2 of the same truck...my 2 cents.

Just put AVC in the BR! Try different tires, maybe the Vorteks tires on the BR. The BR is LWB and that helps for speed runs. I have my BR on 6s now.

I am doing just that! Got a spektrum s6200a receiver and a rugged dx5 transmitter as a combo, and upgrading to a spektrum 130a smart esc for the big rock to make use of the smart features and telemetry data, hope it all works out fine.

Also did the same thing for my Big Rock got a full vortex esc tx/rx and I love it just waiting on the Bluetooth module to come in as they are on back order

Also did the same thing for my Big Rock got a full vortex esc tx/rx and I love it just waiting on the Bluetooth module to come in as they are on back order

Nice to see someone had the same thing in mind haha, have you ran into any troubles at all setting it up? What is the part number for the Bluetooth module? Thank you

Nice to see someone had the same thing in mind haha, have you ran into any troubles at all setting it up? What is the part number for the Bluetooth module? Thank you
No real problems just make sure you have the throttle and steering trims set to center and the brake set to maximum then make sure the truck is flat and level when setting up the s6200a receiver or it will throw the avc out of whack and the Bluetooth is part SPMBT2000

No real problems just make sure you have the throttle and steering trims set to center and the brake set to maximum then make sure the truck is flat and level when setting up the s6200a receiver or it will throw the avc out of whack and the Bluetooth is part SPMBT2000

Great! Thanks for the advice. It seems the BT module was only a part of the DX3 upgrade, I guess DX5 tx already comes with a Bluetooth module inside?

I hated the busy color scheme of the Vorteks when I saw it online, but I love it in person.

The good: It is a total blast to drive on the right terrain. As a N+1 RC, I'd even say the Vorteks is a "Must have" for the Arrma aficionados. So much fun condensed in such a small package. It is super stable and jumps very well (if you're not looking for multiple backflips).

The bad: I would not recommend it to somebody who wants one as their only RC. A Big Rock would be much more versatile and would work much better on rougher terrain and as a general basher. The Vorteks also runs hot and has a much shorter run time with the stock gearing.

This is a really good summary.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back