Big Rock Big Rock vs Vorteks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hated the busy color scheme of the Vorteks when I saw it online, but I love it in person.

The good: It is a total blast to drive on the right terrain. As a N+1 RC, I'd even say the Vorteks is a "Must have" for the Arrma aficionados. So much fun condensed in such a small package. It is super stable and jumps very well (if you're not looking for multiple backflips).

The bad: I would not recommend it to somebody who wants one as their only RC. A Big Rock would be much more versatile and would work much better on rougher terrain and as a general basher. The Vorteks also runs hot and has a much shorter run time with the stock gearing.

I love my BR its done everything i asked it to do and more, Just hated the way it looked you could make it look quite Sassy like i did to mine
DAAF6C30-A3B1-41D9-9EAF-1AD376BDA09A.jpeg

Or

043FFFBE-B766-4E7D-9A6F-86A4031D7625.jpeg

I think they are both fantastic cars, so it will come down to your driving preferences.

I have the purple Vorteks and absolutely love it! It looks spectacular in person and is a blast to drive. On the street it is king, especially with the AVC. I love being able to point and shoot it, literally pull the throttle flat out and it blasts off in a straight line (and pulls controllable wheelies which is fun). This is important to me as I like speed and I dislike crashing into gutters. I need to venture out to gain access to off-road bashing spots so often I only have time for a quick blast up and down the street and this is where the Vorteks suits me perfectly.

Zips along grass no problems and it will pull single backflips with ease. It's very easy to control in the air. Durable as heck too.

I have other 6S trucks so had no need for a Big Rock. The Vorteks ticks my boxes, you need to work out which boxes you want to tick.

If you want great speed and agility, great on-road ability with good off-road and jumping capability go with the Vorteks.

If you want good speed and agility, good on-road ability with great off-road and jumping capability go with the Big Rock.

Ok so for the guys who have both.. is there a big difference on ground clearance? I think BR sits wider? Both are good in air & control with ease I gather. Been watching vids only one with slight comparison is the A main vid someone suggested. Was going to go for BR but now thinking Upgrades , motor, radio worth the cash on V. Someone mentioned V runs hot to

Ok so for the guys who have both.. is there a big difference on ground clearance? I think BR sits wider? Both are good in air & control with ease I gather. Been watching vids only one with slight comparison is the A main vid someone suggested. Was going to go for BR but now thinking Upgrades , motor, radio worth the cash on V. Someone mentioned V runs hot to
BR is definitely taller, better for jumping. V is good at jumping, just not as good. Radio isn't any better on one than the other imo. AVC is neat but ultimately gets turned off on all my cars, so imo not an upgrade. ESC on V seems like an upgrade, but not 20% better. Shock upgraded are proving difficult to find for the V, BR has tried and true big bore aluminum alternatives (6S Typhon fronts).

Ultimately depends on your terrain, flat/fast V is better, big airs BR is better.

BR is definitely taller, better for jumping. V is good at jumping, just not as good. Radio isn't any better on one than the other imo. AVC is neat but ultimately gets turned off on all my cars, so imo not an upgrade. ESC on V seems like an upgrade, but not 20% better. Shock upgraded are proving difficult to find for the V, BR has tried and true big bore aluminum alternatives (6S Typhon fronts).

Ultimately depends on your terrain, flat/fast V is better, big airs BR is better.
Much appreciated👍🏼 going with gut order BR

I came here to ask a similar question;

I recently bought a Big Rock V3, but found a good deal locally (seems good to me) on a Vorteks and considering having both. Since my son has taken control of the BR, I thought the Vorteks would be a good addition.

Would there be enough differences to justify another 3S? Overall they are very comparable to me, and I do actually like the AVS option.

What would you guys pay for a great condition Vorteks right now?

After watching @ABabyEater huck his vorteks repeatedly in the back yard last weekend (many lawn darts and hard slaps), I'd have to say they're tough. It also absolutely rips on pavement! Way better than the brcc. I'll also say that the Vorteks don't hold a candle to the BRCC for aerials. Not even close. The brcc also spanks it in grass.

Why is this a stadium truck. Looks like a tiny kraton. Proportions wheel base, to length to tire size... Aren't st 2wd....if it's a stadium truck than so is the kraton.

Why is this a stadium truck. Looks like a tiny kraton. Proportions wheel base, to length to tire size... Aren't st 2wd....if it's a stadium truck than so is the kraton.
that has been my Whole point its not a true ST if it were it would be 2wd and rear motor mounted

So does that mean the Traxxas Rustler isn't a ST either?

The Vorteks certainly drives like an RC that you'd want to run around a track. Whether that makes it a ST I dunno. It's a great basher that is very planted yet nimble.

For what it’s worth I have the big rock. Which is great. But I like the idea of the avc on the Vortex for high speed hooning. That being said i think if the big rock tyres were belted I wouldn’t care as much. If I really broke the big rock. I’d probably go for the vortex rather than the big rock again mainly to play with the avc and high speed lunacy. Just my two pence.
Just put AVC in the BR! Try different tires, maybe the Vorteks tires on the BR. The BR is LWB and that helps for speed runs. I have my BR on 6s now.

My bro in law is really into RC. He was telling me he was talking to someone who has both trucks & one thing mentioned the bottom of The V got trashed in the same terrain that BR runs untouched. So I guess it’s what your driving on that extra distance helps, that was a concern for me I posted beginning of thread..

Ohhh BR will be here TODAY!!👍🏼

Many more upgrades available for BRCC also. Definitely get a stronger Servo cuz stock one will break if jumping!! I have mine almost all decked with all the goodies and absolutely love my BRCC!!!

9F62C8E2-9F84-4D67-992D-32609F4F267F.jpeg

6565E60C-5A70-484E-B07A-36757632B7E5.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back