Big Rock big rock with bigger motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dasrott

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
would it be worthwhile performance wise and feasible to put lets say a notorious motor in the big rock running 6 's batteries? would you see a increase in performance and would the wires etc wire up>

Bigger more capable motor and esc, yes. 6s power......would be a waste. The drivetrain is not meant to take 6s. I would recommend a solid 4s upgrade. Possibly running a 6s system but only at 4s power. Might need the metal spur and a hardened pinion to help with durability. If you want to go 6s just go to the 6s line like a Kraton, outcast, or typhon.

I run 6s systems in big rock an senton and rebuilding 5 or 6th REAR diff now..and I run 4s an its fast enough..

16161154329766952264244759377590.jpg

The problem you run into is the weight. Big motor & big batteries create too much weight for the system or the chassis to handle. If you are looking for more speed and durability just go to the 6s line. They are a blast to drive.

The problem you run into is the weight. Big motor & big batteries create too much weight for the system or the chassis to handle. If you are looking for more speed and durability just go to the 6s line. They are a blast to drive.
This 👆. Not sure why more folks can’t figure this out. 6s motor puts too much stress on motor plate, which leads to mesh issues, which leads to slipper issues, etc. Then there’s the whole plastic diff thing...and 6s weight in a plastic 3s chassis.

4s is the sweet spot. And if done right, it’ll be just as fast as a 6s car without all the weight-related collateral damage.

Converted my Typhon 3s v3 to a 4s system and I prefer it over my M2C EXB Kraton.

3670 Leopard motor
Hobbywing Max10 SCT esc (punch 4)
Hot Racing motor plate
Arrma 4s slipper
gensacearespammers 4s 5000mah hardcase
Robinson Racing 20t hardened pinion
Complete Jim’s bearings upgrade

Good luck!!! Keep on rippin’!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back