Big Rock Big Rock with Typhon 6s shocks. Oil weight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkBrissy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Hi All,
Just scored some Typhon 6s shocks to go on my Big Rock. What weight shock oil does everyone recommend? It does have the standard 550cSt in them at the moment.
Cheers

Hi All,
Just scored some Typhon 6s shocks to go on my Big Rock. What weight shock oil does everyone recommend? It does have the standard 550cSt in them at the moment.
Cheers

I have the same on my Granite v2 BLX so I will say they are close to the same...here is my guide:

• Summer use 60 wt (77 Fahrenheit)
  • Winter use 42.5 wt (14 Fahrenheit)

Winter here in Tennessee is not so bad so I can stay at 60wt....550cst is about 43wt

I have the same on my Granite v2 BLX so I will say they are close to the same...here is my guide:

Winter here in Tennessee is not so bad so I can stay at 60wt....550cst is about 43wt
Thanks for the info. I am in Brisbane, Australia and its pretty warm all year round. I might leave whats in there for now, See how it goes. :)

Thanks for the info. I am in Brisbane, Australia and its pretty warm all year round. I might leave whats in there for now, See how it goes. :)

Good call....if you feel you need to go up you can step up from there. Sure others will post some have gone up a little more to 80wt and very front/back. The 60 doing well for me on the bumpy ground looks like it is floating. I don't do big air so for the air I get I am pleased....chassis slap is going to happen depending on what you are doing.

Keep us update on your changes if any down the road.

Good call....if you feel you need to go up you can step up from there. Sure others will post some have gone up a little more to 80wt and very front/back. The 60 doing well for me on the bumpy ground looks like it is floating. I don't do big air so for the air I get I am pleased....chassis slap is going to happen depending on what you are doing.

Keep us update on your changes if any down the road.
Awesome. I will let you know how it goes. Have you found the Typhon 6s shocks to be a great improvement to the handling than stock? (Even if the leaking issue is solved). I have the V3 Big Rock so the leaking issue is supposed to be resolved.

Last winter here in south eastern tennessee(Cleveland) it got really cold, what part of tennessee are you from friend.

Last winter here in south eastern tennessee(Cleveland) it got really cold, what part of tennessee are you from friend.

You are correct....past winter we got that cold from Canada that made it very cold in the southern US, really cold.....forget what they called that type of cold that hit but my offices I support in Chicago closed due to that cold they got past winter... I am in Memphis..

You are correct....past winter we got that cold from Canada that made it very cold in the southern US, really cold.....forget what they called that type of cold that hit but my offices I support in Chicago closed due to that cold they got past winter... I am in Memphis..

Was curious where your from, if you were close I was going to suggest a bash session! But Memphis is a bit too far at a 5 hour drive ?

Awesome. I will let you know how it goes. Have you found the Typhon 6s shocks to be a great improvement to the handling than stock? (Even if the leaking issue is solved). I have the V3 Big Rock so the leaking issue is supposed to be resolved.
how has performance been?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back