Big Rock Big rock with typhon arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kp207

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Anyone put typhon arms on their big rock? Does it still roll/flip over in turns?

The newly announced black BRCC has Typhon arms and linkages. It will definitely help with stability
I know I'm debating if that should be my next purchase. Just wondering how much it will still roll.

I know I'm debating if that should be my next purchase. Just wondering how much it will still roll.
I will still roll but it will be less likely. My Typhon 3s with a lower CG still rolls and with smaller diameter tyres. Tuning the shocks will help prevent rolling too. Go for thicker oil and use some extra preload spacers

I’ve done RPM Typhon Arms on the BRCC you’ll also need the 48mm Typhon turnbuckles. Much better stability and handling. For the money I wouldn’t hesitate. I’ve also done the HR 17mm hexes that give you another 10mm on each side. I really like this setup. Pair with the hot racing bellcrank and it’s great. Keep in mind you will have different durability issues when you widen it out. You will definitely damage more rod ends if you are into bashing and jumping :) I also did the HR C hubs and steering blocks. I have the Typhon 6s shocks too which are expensive but have been awesome

Helps alot...before an after

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200719-022004_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200719-022004_Photos.jpg
    631.1 KB · Views: 57
Wider stance is number one to prevent rolls. But tuning shocks and camber makes a big difference. With Typhon arms and the right tuning, my Granite is difficult to roll. The back end slides out in a nice controlled fashion instead of rolling. Took awhile to get it just right, but I think it's worth it.

I run Proline Badlands 2.8MX on my Typhon with the Hot Racing 17mm hexes and it takes a lot to get it to roll over. So I can only assume that running the Big Rock with the Typhon arms will help with it rolling over a lot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back