Big Rock Big rock without diff brain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airdupont

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
is it possible to rebuild the big rock without the diff brain? I have no need for it...

Yes, Big Rock is a Nero with Heavy Duty shocks and Axles plus the Diff Brain/Servo option standard. If you take out the diff brain itself, the extension wires for the mini servos, then open your 3 different and remove the mini service and put them back together you will be somewhat set. I would recommend cleaning them out though and sealing them as many non diff brain runners have done here in the forum. That way you can run actual diff oil in various weights rather than grease. Their are different posts explaining a couple different ways to tackle sealing the diffs. I don't want to answer that here as I run diff brain so would rather you get that advice from someone first hand. If you decide to sell any of those servos on the classified here let me know. I need a couple for a new build.

Mark

Thanks Mark. I just read about using jb weld. Looks like an easy job. I don’t have my BR yet but found a cheap 2nd hand here in Belgium

Always good to plan ahead. They are a great truck. Im not sure if youbare saying to use jb weld wouldto seal the diff but leave it functional or to lock it? Again not 100% up on all the different diff threads but I do know their are some guys around me running gaskets and screws to seal the diff but not lock it. That is why I ask. Might be saying the same thing but just reading a different way to do it but if you are talking about locking the diff full time with jb weld I would recommend against it IMO. These trucks have a ton of power and you really want those diffs open for the most part but control them with what weight diff fluid you run in each to dial it in if your aren't going to use the diff brain setup. Might be a mute point if that's not what you meant so apologize if I miundrrstmisu but figured I'd let you know. Also if you get it and it has the diff brain, might want to give it try first. I hadba Traxxas Summit prior to my ARRMAs and was always blowing diffs and having issues with the locking mechanisms. Got these trucks figuring I would have problems and have had almost no issues. My stupidity when assembling the bulkhead caused me to pinch the mini servos cable under the diff so make sure to always check twice screw once...lol That's what happens when your excited and rushing though. Other than my own error, the thing has been awesome! I figured I would run diff brain till it broke and then swap over to non diff brain and now I'm swapping my non diff brain to diff brain. Again that's my personal preference and others have totally valid reasons to run without and have great truck setups to model after If you go that route. Just saying if you don't own it yet, you might wntw to give the diff brain a try first before you plot to convert it out.

Mark

Had a brushless summit b4 too... almost made me give up rc’ing. Spent so much money on it....after every run something was broken.

Still have my Summit, broken of course...lol. But that's cause I figure I'll rebuild it someday but spent way too much as well. Have LEM drive shaft, diffs and all. Sorry to hear about the Big Rock. Good luck on a new find. I think any of the 1/8th BLX ARRMAs you would be happy with.

Awesome, that's the thing with ARRMA right. Once you get one you want to expand to a fleet. It's a shame the Traxxas lawsuit suit made the Big Rock, Fazon, and Nero line stop production. I would have lived to see what the 2018 versions of those would have had and sure I would have picked up one...lol I think the Outcast is actually my next. It just looks fun for when you want to go bash around in small area like the back yard.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back