Big Rock Big rock wobbly front wheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevebick

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all

received my big rock 4 weeks ago, I noticed a wobble on front left wheel out of the box, have since done lots of grass bashing abc not noticed any issue, but tried a road speed run yesterday abc wobble does prevent straight line run, any ideas how to fix or what could be ?

thanks

When I got mine it actually had a missing bearing on the outer side. Check all the bits are there the same as the opposite side. Mine was the same wheel as well.

Wobbles are pretty standard, but, check that your drive shafts are tight at the hubs, you'll need to split the shaft and fit a 2mm hex driver down the shaft and tighten it, check the diff side while you're at it.

Thanks both, will check bearing and drive shaft, it adds to the fun until keeps hitting the curb !!

Make sure your caster blocks have a screw in the top and bottom. The bottom one tends to come out easily.

Hex seems ok on drive shaft and from looking in wheel, when I move the wheel to different locations it always the same wheel that wobbles. Must be a twist in the plastic ?

5206230E-EF55-4780-B4EC-7AB59DF03F3B.jpeg

When I got my big rock back in November all 4 wheels wobbled out of the box. I contacted horizon and sent them a short video and they sent me a new set.
I believe that they were over tightened during assembly causing the hex portion of the wheel to warp, each wheel had cracks in that area as well.

Thanks, I will drop them a note plus video etc, I’m in the uk so not sure if they will post out but worth a try.

Hey ppl. Quick question about my Big Rock. I already apologize its not on topic. Does the talion ARA480011 wing mount to the wing mount ARA320455? Was gonna get typhon 3s accidently got the mega wing. Now can't find ARA480016 anywhere! Got a alert jennysrc.com was in stock. B4 I could get there they were gone. 🤣 Thanks for any help

I had a rear wheel wobbling issue. It was the outer wheel bearing that had broke. I replaced the bearing but still some wobbling.
It was the broken bearing that had eaten some of the hub plastic so the hole diameter was about 1mm wider.
I also replaced the rear hub and now all was good.
Some wobbling is ok, it's a car for bashing not carpet racer 😊

I had one wheel wobble and it is the material in the section where the hex sits is very thin, I moved my wheel round to I found the spot that was the most off center and then grabbed the wheel while it was on the axle and bent it back to the center, it is now nearly spot on. I think this may be risky bending the wheel back and forth, but it is good to have them running true.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back