Big Rock Big Rocks Roll Out!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BO55_Saint

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Finally found time to do this overdue build thread.
I've had my BRCC for 4 months now, actually feels longer, and I have done quite a bit to it. Some of my early upgrades were just because others on the forums had done it but as I drove the car more I learned what it was and wasn't capable of I started to make more conscious upgrade choices.
I will list my upgrades with part numbers in case anyone actually reads this and wants to try some of these upgrades for their build.

What I've added/changed/upgraded
- Center Brace Bar: this was one of those upgrade I felt necessary because with my rookie driving skills I was bound to crash. This upgrade requires multiple parts to complete.
ARA320532
ARA320531
ARA320530
ARA320529
ARA320528
- Rear Wing: Outcast 4X4 Blx 4S Rear Wing and mount
AR480013
AR320455
- Truck Roll Hoop:
AR480015
- Traxxas Roof Skidplate: don't actually know why I went for Traxxas one
TRX8917
- Arrma Body Post Set:
AR480017
- Axle & Hex Upgrade: Changed to the Typhon 3s 17mm Hex's which I got from Jennys RC (thank God for Jennys). Being in the UK its cheaper to import from Jennys sometimes than to buy the part here.
AR310905
AR310904
AR713029
AR310906
- Tyres & 17mm Hex Adapter: While I liked the stock tyres, I hated the ballooning and wanted something that didn't balloon. Hours of research later I decided to go with the Pro-Line Trencher HP 2.8in All Terrain BELTED. While I do like them, they do add a considerable amount of weight. I am now debating if to get the non belted Trenchers or Badlands. I do like that you can interchange the PL tyres with the hex adapters however I have cracked 2 after some serious bashing. I am thinking about the aluminium adapters but they are pricey.
PL10168-10

PL6336-00
- Shocks: Another one of those because the forums said so upgrades but if you're going to do any upgrade on your BRCC I recommend this one. This was another Jennys RC purchase and I went for the Mojave/Kraton combo.
Mojave 6s front shocks
Kraton 6s front shocks
AXA1356 - Axial Silicone Shock Bushing
- Diffs: I've been through a few input gears and decided to do the CNC diff upgrade. My first diff upgrade I used the CNC parts but when I was ready to change the front diff I purchased an Outcast 4s v2 diff from Jennys RC (honestly, Thank God for Jennys). But note the v2 diff does not come with the metal input gear, I learnt that the hard way.
AR310772
AR310886
AR310885
ARA311155 - Outcast/Kraton 4s Metal Diff
ARA311153 - Metal input gear from the 4s range. The 3s CNC input gear will work also.
- M2C 3473 Motor Plate and Chassis Brace: This is one of my most recent upgrades and I must say its one of my favourites. The motor mount is very well made but for me the chassis brace is the real MVP in the set. There is zero movement on the motor now even with some very hard bashing.
- Pinion: Upgraded to a 16T Pinion and while you would think it wouldn't make a big difference, boy oh boy this thing is a dream to drive now
ARA310999
- Outcast 4s v2 Metal Spur & Slipper Set: Another Jennys purchase after shredding 2 plastic spur gears. I decide metal was the way to go
ARA310948
ARA311033
ARA610046
ARAC9102
- Turnbuckles: I have bent/broken a few of these. I upgraded to the Traxxas Slash 4x4 VXL Tie Rods and these have held up pretty well. If anyone has experience with the Lunsford turnbuckles please let me know good or bad
TRA3643
TRA3644
TRA5539
- Bumper: I put the Granite bumper on my BRCC, no reason other than I wanted to.
ARA320605
- Fans: I have replaced the motor fan with Yeah Racing Dual fans.
YA-0641
- Wheelie Bar Wheels: my friend had some spare Outcast 6s wheelie bar wheels so I put 2 on my BRCC. I have noticed that the car balances a lot better when doing wheelies.

PXL_20221001_153645180.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20221001_153801139.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20221001_153857446.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20221001_153844729.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20221001_153910079.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20221001_154004511.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20221001_154026217.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20221001_154209475.PORTRAIT.jpg

If you've made it this far, I appreciate you ✌️

Last edited:
Bandlands will balloon also.
Trenchers were always heavy and expensve as well. Have crap for traction in the dirt. Always did.
I stopped buying PL Modular hexed wheels. The adapters always break for so many.
And the Alloy adapters are just stupid expensive and will never be worth it on any of my rigs. PL is raping us for the alloy adapters, all while knowing good well that the plastic ones were designed to be garbage. Alloy alternative was a designed Money grab IMHO. Once you invested in the alloy adapters, you are compelled to keep buying these PL adapter type wheels. The adapter design, was a way to reduce inventory and make their wheels more universal. Like Allowing for 1/8 17mm rigs to use PL 1/10 12mm wheels (with 17mm adapters). And vice versa. Makes no sense to me. Makes more money for PL. Alloy adapters should never cost that much. They are priced like 75% higher than they should be. Like they are Gold or something. If you look at Crawler wheel ALLOY adapters, they are far less $$$. Same crap. Crawler upgrade wheels started the alloy adapter wheel thing IMHO. And works for the Crawler RC segment best.:unsure:
I look to Duratrax wheels these days. Or the PL truggy/buggy race tires. (no adapters)
You will never see hub adapter type wheels on any Race rig. For obvious reasons. I follow suit. And these Disk type wheels are stronger.

I would try a set of Arrma Backflip LP's (Low profile). One of my favorite all around tires. If you haven't had them yet. They balloon way less than my Badlands. Just double check the gluing at the beads when new , before using them, add CA as needed. They will serve you well. I always balance all my wheels. But that is a personal call. Many don't.

Last edited:
Bandlands will balloon also.
Trenchers were always heavy and expensve as well. Have crap for traction in the dirt. Always did.
I stopped buying PL Modular hexed wheels. The adapters always break for so many.
And the Alloy adapters are just stupid expensive and will never be worth it on any of my rigs. PL is raping us for the alloy adapters, all while knowing good well that the plastic ones were designed to be garbage. Alloy alternative was a designed Money grab IMHO. Once you invested in the alloy adapters, you are compelled to keep buying these PL adapter type wheels. The adapter design, was a way to reduce inventory and make their wheels more universal. Like Allowing for 1/8 17mm rigs to use PL 1/10 12mm wheels (with 17mm adapters). And vice versa. Makes no sense to me. Makes more money for PL. Alloy adapters should never cost that much. They are priced like 75% higher than they should be. Like they are Gold or something. If you look at Crawler wheel ALLOY adapters, they are far less $$$. Same crap. Crawler upgrade wheels started the alloy adapter wheel thing IMHO. And works for the Crawler RC segment best.:unsure:
I look to Duratrax wheels these days. Or the PL truggy/buggy race tires. (no adapters)
You will never see hub adapter type wheels on any Race rig. For obvious reasons. I follow suit. And these Disk type wheels are stronger.

I would try a set of Arrma Backflip LP's (Low profile), if you have tried yet. One of my favorite all around tires. If you haven't had them yet. they balloon way less than my Badlands. just double check the gluing at the beads when new , before using them, add CA as needed. They will serve you well.
Totally agree, the alloy adapters are massively overpriced and come in a pack of 2.
I will look into the Duratrax and Backflip LPs, I definitely need a new set of tires. I don't drive much on dirt and love the Trenchers on tarmac but they are way too heavy.

Last edited:
Finally found time to do this overdue build thread.
I've had my BRCC for 4 months now, actually feels longer, and I have done quite a bit to it. Some of my early upgrades were just because others on the forums had done it but as I drove the car more I learned what it was and wasn't capable of I started to make more conscious upgrade choices.
I will list my upgrades with part numbers in case anyone actually reads this and wants to try some of these upgrades for their build.

What I've added/changed/upgraded
- Center Brace Bar: this was one of those upgrade I felt necessary because with my rookie driving skills I was bound to crash. This upgrade requires multiple parts to complete.
ARA320532
ARA320531
ARA320530
ARA320529
ARA320528
- Rear Wing: Outcast 4X4 Blx 4S Rear Wing and mount
AR480013
AR320455
- Truck Roll Hoop:
AR480015
- Traxxas Roof Skidplate: don't actually know why I went for Traxxas one
TRX8917
- Arrma Body Post Set:
AR480017
- Axle & Hex Upgrade: Changed to the Typhon 3s 17mm Hex's which I got from Jennys RC (thank God for Jennys). Being in the UK its cheaper to import from Jennys sometimes than to buy the part here.
AR310905
AR310904
AR713029
AR310906
- Tyres & 17mm Hex Adapter: While I liked the stock tyres, I hated the ballooning and wanted something that didn't balloon. Hours of research later I decided to go with the Pro-Line Trencher HP 2.8in All Terrain BELTED. While I do like them, they do add a considerable amount of weight. I am now debating if to get the non belted Trenchers or Badlands. I do like that you can interchange the PL tyres with the hex adapters however I have cracked 2 after some serious bashing. I am thinking about the aluminium adapters but they are pricey.
PL10168-10

PL6336-00
- Shocks: Another one of those because the forums said so upgrades but if you're going to do any upgrade on your BRCC I recommend this one. This was another Jennys RC purchase and I went for the Mojave/Kraton combo.
Mojave 6s front shocks
Kraton 6s front shocks
AXA1356 - Axial Silicone Shock Bushing
- Diffs: I've been through a few input gears and decided to do the CNC diff upgrade. My first diff upgrade I used the CNC parts but when I was ready to change the front diff I purchased an Outcast 4s v2 diff from Jennys RC (honestly, Thank God for Jennys). But not the v2 diff does not come with the metal input gear, I learnt that the hard way.
AR310772
AR310886
AR310885
ARA311155 - Outcast/Kraton 4s Metal Diff
ARA311153 - Metal input gear from the 4s range. The 3s CNC input gear will work also.
- M2C 3473 Motor Plate and Chassis Brace: This is one of my most recent upgrades and I must say its one of my favourites. The motor mount is very well made but for me the chassis brace is the real MVP in the set. There is zero movement on the motor now even with some very hard bashing.
- Pinion: Upgraded to a 16T Pinion and while you would think it would make a big difference, boy oh boy this thing is a dream to drive now
ARA310999
- Outcast 4s v2 Metal Spur & Slipper Set: Another Jennys purchase after shredding 2 plastic spur gears. I decide metal was the way to go
ARA310948
ARA311033
ARA610046
ARAC9102
- Turnbuckles: I have bent/broken a few of these. I upgraded to the Traxxas Slash 4x4 VXL Tie Rods and these have held up pretty well. If anyone has experience with the Lunsford turnbuckles please let me know good or bad
TRA3643
TRA3644
TRA5539
- Bumper: I put the Granite bumper on my BRCC, no reason other than I wanted to.
ARA320605
- Fans: I have replaced the motor fan with Yeah Racing Dual fans.
YA-0641
- Wheelie Bar Wheels: my friend had some spare Outcast 6s wheelie bar wheels so I put 2 on my BRCC. I have noticed that the car balances a lot better when doing wheelies.

View attachment 247171

View attachment 247172

View attachment 247173

View attachment 247182

View attachment 247183

View attachment 247176

View attachment 247180

View attachment 247181

If you've made it this far, I appreciate you ✌️
Loving the very detailed thread👊🏾. Very inspiring.

How do you go about balancing your wheels and tires?
I've never balanced them, just slap them on and drive.

I can tell when driving that they could probably do with balancing but I just correct it with steering and keep bashing

I've never balanced them, just slap them on and drive.

I can tell when driving that they could probably do with balancing but I just correct it with steering and keep bashing
Sorry about that, I read somewhere about balancing the wheels and tires and thought it was this post. I have a question for you though. I tracked down all of the center brace parts you have listed. The only part that seems to be missing is the center brace pin retaining nuts. What size did you use to keep the pins from backing out, if any?

Sorry about that, I read somewhere about balancing the wheels and tires and thought it was this post. I have a question for you though. I tracked down all of the center brace parts you have listed. The only part that seems to be missing is the center brace pin retaining nuts. What size did you use to keep the pins from backing out, if any?
I think you're asking about the screws to hold the pins in either end of the brace?
For that I used an M3*10mm grub screw

I think you're referring to the pin that goes through the bar and into the bracket, if so I believe it was a 2.5

I have listed the pins, they are ARA320529, but you do need a grub screw to keep it in place

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back