Bigfoot Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What radio do you have? Sounds like maybe a gyro is set too high? ??‍♂️

I pretty much did what jondilly said and it worked as far as going forward and backward, but there seems to be a glitch with the servo as the tires seems to want to turn by themselves nonstop, even when I don't move the wheel.
On the Trx radio there's a dial to turn down tsm. Try that first. Tsm works like a gyro to help keep the truck straight at speed and helps tune driver inputs.

I myself still like a true Solid axle.. Almost bought a Traxxas Bigfoot but 2wd turned me off. Clod Buster was a childhood dream but to slow and too fragile. So I modified a Redcat Ground Pounder. Jconcept Renegade Tires on Tribute wheels.. Apparently ESC accepts 3S Lipo!

Attachments

• 20190929_194426.jpg
    20190929_194426.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 114
^That looks pretty cool. I actually have an Axial SMT10 that I tried to mod, but I like the look of the Clodbuster a lot more. It's not that slow, I'd compare it to my brushed Traxxas Stamped 2wd out of the box with the nihm battery. I now that's pretty slow when compared with modern bashers but for a truck the size of the Clod, all stock and pretty much using 30 year old technology it impressed me how it moved. I pretty much just plan to keep it as a shelve queen while I lightly run it, I have my Granite 4wd to bash with anyways.

^That looks pretty cool. I actually have an Axial SMT10 that I tried to mod, but I like the look of the Clodbuster a lot more. It's not that slow, I'd compare it to my brushed Traxxas Stamped 2wd out of the box with the nihm battery. I now that's pretty slow when compared with modern bashers but for a truck the size of the Clod, all stock and pretty much using 30 year old technology it impressed me how it moved. I pretty much just plan to keep it as a shelve queen while I lightly run it, I have my Granite 4wd to bash with anyways.
Yes.. im actually pretty careful with this one a this is more a show truck.. My Granite is my workhorse!! Never let me down!

Also I just noticed your Groundpounder has an aftermarket chassis. I could get a CPE chassis for the Clod as well and turn it into a beast but like I said, its cool in stock form and my Granite will do the dirty work so my Clod can just sit pretty.

Also I just noticed your Groundpounder has an aftermarket chassis. I could get a CPE chassis for the Clod as well and turn it into a beast but like I said, its cool in stock form and my Granite will do the dirty work so my Clod can just sit pretty.
Actually.. the chassis is stock.. only added Axle braces from Freedom RC. Ordered the gunmetal drive shafts from Redcat to handle the 3s lipo. I liked this one because it came with 4WS just like the Clod.

Neat. I first saw the Ground pounder up close at my LHS and it scared me how big it was. Not what I was looking for then, I also prefered the more vinatge scale look from the Clodbuster and knew as an RC enthusiast I would never be happy until I got one. Now that I got one I'm still not happy until I get it to properly run lol.

I wish Arrma builds a Crawler or a Clod Style Solid Axle MT. Clod Style MT seems like a Dying breed. Iwas looking for an SMT10 Grave Digger originally but all discontinued. I wish I can increase the ride height of the Granite to fit Clod Type tires but that would take new arm assembly. The stamped is easier to modify to get that "Monstrer Jam Look" i seen my local hobby shop do it with a Grave Digger Body.

The SMT10 looks weird to me with huge clod tires. I actually bought the monster truck conversion kit for the Stampede but then thought about how often it was breaking on me with regular sized tires, didn't want to imagine or deal with a Stampede with tires so huge it would be breaking something every run. I attempted to put Clod tires on the Granite but it just looks too small stock, it looked awful. I've had my eye on the CEN HL150 for a while now. If I sell off my SMT10 I may get the CEN, especially once I see people putting bigger tires on it.

The SMT10 looks weird to me with huge clod tires. I actually bought the monster truck conversion kit for the Stampede but then thought about how often it was breaking on me with regular sized tires, didn't want to imagine or deal with a Stampede with tires so huge it would be breaking something every run. I attempted to put Clod tires on the Granite but it just looks too small stock, it looked awful. I've had my eye on the CEN HL150 for a while now. If I sell off my SMT10 I may get the CEN, especially once I see people putting bigger tires on it.
I was eyeing the CEN150 as well. I want to see it physically first. I don't want to buy it online without seeing it. Seems like a solid build.

From what I've seen the CenHL150 is smaller than a Clod, more like a wheelie king, Stampede, or even a Granite, but it is shaped like a true monster truck and has the elevation to work with bigger tires. I'm begining to realize that bigger is not always better, at least for me as far as RC goes unless I had a big ranch-style house I can't really use a big scale RC where I live.

I myself still like a true Solid axle.. Almost bought a Traxxas Bigfoot but 2wd turned me off. Clod Buster was a childhood dream but to slow and too fragile. So I modified a Redcat Ground Pounder. Jconcept Renegade Tires on Tribute wheels.. Apparently ESC accepts 3S Lipo!
I've seen this one live, and it's a beast to look at. Super sharp and looks menacing even standing still.(y)(y)

Having trouble running my Clod is actaully making me want to give my SMT10 another shot. It already runs, just needs a better setup and I already have a Castlecreations motor and esc still in an unopened box. Just needs an upgraded ESC as I think the stock one won't be able to handle all the power, plus whatever gears I would have to upgrade to aluminum or whatever.

Still tweaking this thing. Finally got the thing to go forward/back. I had the wires to the motors backwards. I also got a new servo that turns better. Here it is with the Axial Max D body on it, actually looks better than the actual Axial truck does. I just need some orange rings on the tires.

https://ibb.co/6v3MtTT

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back