Bigfoot Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
https://ibb.co/F3qR54X

Aight so not sure if this one is allowed as it's not Arrma. I FINALLY finished assembling my clodbuster kit for the most part. The Traxxas Bigfoot 1 body goes on it pretty well, I just gotta be careful and drill the holes for it now. I also got rid of those crappy "shocks" if you can call them that that come with the kit and put in some oil filled ones, still not sure if I am gonna double them up on each side or just go with one. I also have the jconcepts Firestone tires with the white wheels but I think I like the stock Clod tires and wheels better.

Sweet, I love Bigfoot! Bob Chandler started a revolution with BF one. I recently seen two different shows on BF one. One show they rebuilt the whole truck, and the second show they rebuilt the original engine with modern internals. They kept the original block, heads, blower and carbs.

Yeah BF1 is just a beautiful truck and the main reason why I'm a Ford guy lol. Chevy had some really cool classic trucks as well though.
When BF1 was completely finished it was driven onto Bob's Shop property where everyone was waiting for the unveiling, it was a big party with Bob, his family and employees, friends and kids. When it roared onto the scene, the crowd went wild. It turned out awesome. A preserved piece of history.

For sure. Im excited about my truck, Im just not too crazy about the shade of blue Traxxas went with this body. I think it's too dark. I might just paint up the clod bod in the blue I like and order some big foot stickers. Only problem is the clod body is a Chevy I think, wouldn't be Bigfoot with anything but a Ford.

For sure. Im excited about my truck, Im just not too crazy about the shade of blue Traxxas went with this body. I think it's too dark. I might just paint up the clod bod in the blue I like and order some big foot stickers. Only problem is the clod body is a Chevy I think, wouldn't be Bigfoot with anything but a Ford.
Ha Ha Yeah, The Ford camp wouldn't be too happy with a Chevy body on BF! ?

Google it. You can see the huge Chevy logo from a mile away.
I just did, can't believe it. ? Ford dropped their sponsorship of the team in 2007 and that only left Firestone as a sponsor. Since Firestone is affiliated with MLB and Chevrolet I presume, they (Chevy) picked up sponsorship of BF. I seen a pick of a 2010 Chevy body on the truck so obviously this happened long ago.

Hot Wheels is now affiliated with Monster Jam and one is coming real soon here in New Orleans. I think BF is one of the trucks running the circuit, but wonder if it is still Chevy skinned.

Anyway like I said, BF1 was totally restored and is the original true blue Ford powered F250! ?

Did you know the original Gravedigger used to be a Ford?
No I did not. As far as Ive known, GD was the same as it is today. Been to many Monster Jams and GD has remained unchanged.

Yeah originally GD started off as a Ford, back then though it was plain red.
Good to know! GD has also been around a long time. Some people may think there is one GD truck but there are many. I seen a show years ago of Dennis Anderson's shop where they work on and maintain the trucks. They were all lined up being serviced and some constructed. They go to different parts of the country putting on shows,

Some days there may be more than one GD truck performing at the same time. Different trucks for different venues, some just for show. There were a few different drivers, that's why Dennis couldn't be at every show. Some people would bum out because of this includind myself when he wasn't driving. He has two sons that race MTs, one use to drive GD and the other had his own truck, forgot the name of it.

I remember back when Dennis got banged up driving and was out for awhile and put his son in GD. Been awhile since I've been to a Monster Jam but there's a Hot Wheels MJ coming soon and may have to check it out. They use to have the show here in the Super Dome where the trucks got good speed and sick air, but over the years because of safety they have scaled back the arena to shorter distance which IMO killed the show.

You need to find another gf. Lol
Just heard on the radio yesterday that the upcoming Hot Wheels Jam will be featuring BF. Wonder which one will show up.

Don't suppose anyone in here know how to get this thing running? I'm using a Traxxas TQ receiver and radio set but all I can get it to do is go forward and backward using the wheel. I might have to join a Tamiya forum to get my answer.

Don't suppose anyone in here know how to get this thing running? I'm using a Traxxas TQ receiver and radio set but all I can get it to do is go forward and backward using the wheel. I might have to join a Tamiya forum to get my answer.
You have the servo and ESC plugged into the wrong channels

1 to turn
2 to burn
Black out

I'm following the insttructions just like it says on the manual as far as how to hook plug the wires based on their respective colors. Do you mean on the receiver I have the ESC and servo plugged in wrong? I'll have to check it out thanks

I pretty much did what jondilly said and it worked as far as going forward and backward, but there seems to be a glitch with the servo as the tires seems to want to turn by themselves nonstop, even when I don't move the wheel.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back