Kraton Bigger pinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakota

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Anyone noticed when they put the bigger pinion in ,the truck sounds a lot louder and a lot different is that bad or normal ??

With the new v4 sliding motor mounts don’t they go pretty much we’re they are supposed to ??

Awesome thanks guy I will loosen the screws and make sure their is a little gap between the teeth but not too much ..
I think I might have them to close right now

Anyone noticed when they put the bigger pinion in ,the truck sounds a lot louder and a lot different is that bad or normal ??
may want to check your gear mesh again but also harder grade steal vs soft steal makes a louder noise also

Just make sure you check it all the way around like in the video so there's no binding anywhere. Not all gears are "perfectly" round. Glad ya got it figured out though. :)

Pop Quiz: in the picture attached, what kind of mesh is shown?
A) too tight
B) too loose
C) just right
IMG_20190505_173855374.jpg

Looks good to me too
If anything, back it off just a smidge but it won’t matter really

It’s difficult form the camera angle but it looks loose to me. I personally like slightly firm gear mesh contact, but not too tight.

I was afraid of that. I thought it looked good too, but while driving I'd here a frequent crack sound. Could it be one of the diff. They're probably about due for a relube, but I didn't think it'd tell me by being so loud. I check temps on the p/s and it was 150F at the end of the run. It's a 14T pinion on a Kraton and I was bashing. Moror temps stayed right at 140F the whole run. BTW, it drove fine except for the subtle cracking sound. Sound familiar to anyone??? Advice / help much appreciated!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back