Kraton Bigger receiver box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks awesome!
Nice job, man!

Thank you gentlemen..

I'll need to grab a beer and put in a bit more time on the dimensions.
And, I really think that's the maximum height I can get in a "straight raiser" ,if folks want to (just) use 4 screws to mount this thing.

The only way to get more height is to do an offset/canted raiser... Which will involve 8 screws. (four for the original holes and four more to mount the cover onto this new style raiser.)

Last edited:
Any way you could enclose the corners around the bolt holes so it would seal all the way around more? Just curious, I know zilch about what you do. Looking really good tho!!🙂👍🤘

Yeah, it's something I've thought about.. But, to do it this way will allow for the future version(s) of "canted raiser"... so I might as well go with this arrangement now than to try and "redo it" later..

Just wished Arrma didn't have to place the battery tray header SO damn close to the receiver box. I could have been done by now.

I‘ve seen those special crimpers and connector pins to make your own JR connectors, but now I can’t find them. Anybody have a recommendation?

Still concerned it won't be big enough to contain posters rats nest. That pic actually scared me. Looks like a fire hazard.

At this current height, NO it will definitely not be enough!

It's mainly for testing/prototyping and to save on time (of print) and materials usage...

Ultimately it will need to reach 15 - 20mm height.
And that's Not possible in a "straight raiser" style-configuration ,that's for sure.

Will need to drink a few more beers and think about it some more.

I‘ve seen those special crimpers and connector pins to make your own JR connectors, but now I can’t find them. Anybody have a recommendation?
Actually just bought a cheap set from Amazon 10 minutes ago

Screenshot_20230201-204721_Samsung Internet.jpg

Something like these >

1675307293413.png

1675307387577.png

Those are a lot different than the kit I saw. Must be bigger, the straight pin one says 8-2 AWG.

That's right.
For the baby Pythons as you're crimping home theater cables...

Still concerned it won't be big enough to contain posters rats nest. That pic actually scared me. Looks like a fire hazard.

He'll probably want to carry a fire extinguisher around with him every time he goes. He's just one short circuit away from a Flamer..

Last edited:
Looks great to me! A bit of shoo goo or silicon and done. That’s cool as hell!
Don’t worry about my rats nest. I had to make it look worse for visual effect. I actually have been an electrician for the last 33 years.
I’m currently wiring a Coliseum. Think of that photo next time you go see a rock concert. LOL 😂! For me Mr.Coder’s design is perfect.
Don’t worry about my rats nest. I had to make it look worse for visual effect. I actually have been an electrician for the last 33 years.
I’m currently wiring a Coliseum. Think of that photo next time you go see a rock concert. LOL 😂! For me Mr.Coder’s design is perfect.
If anyone knows of a crimp set for these small connections please share. The smallest I ever crimp is maybe #16. I tried using some of those three pin make your own JST connectors but had no luck. Just too damn small to get good connections with. They pull out ,the wire jacket don’t fit etc..etc…etc..

Last edited:
So just in case Arrma is watching
and decides to make changes to their battery+receiver combo's proximity to each other
-to give us a bit more space in between..

@joshludden "contained" perimeter

version 2
8mm straight raiser

1675362824556.png

1675362855038.png

1675362879328.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back