Kraton Bigger receiver box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
Just wondering what you guys are putting all these wires in lol! This Kraton has an external BEC for a promodeler servo and a wireless controller for the dual motor fans. I need a WP box extension for the Arrma Kraton 6s EXB receiver box. What do you guys do to manage your wiring?

image.jpg

You’re running a 930 servo in there?!?! Holy overkill, Batman! If you have the real estate to spare you can squeeze in any other receiver box to cluster your wires before they go into the other receiver box. Or just get the crimper tool and shorten many inches of servo wires. That’s the cleanest way.

You’re running a 930 servo in there?!?! Holy overkill, Batman! If you have the real estate to spare you can squeeze in any other receiver box to cluster your wires before they go into the other receiver box. Or just get the crimper tool and shorten many inches of servo wires. That’s the cleanest way.
I don’t even understand what’s going on? Trying to make it heavier with all the copper wiring? I don’t think I have that many wires in 2 kratons!😭😭😭 maybe in my 2021 dodge pickup 🛻

It’s a Kraton XL with 20mm extensions on the hubs so it takes a lot to make it turn quick like a regular kraton. Some of the mess is splitters that accumulated as I added different things. The BEC is on top of the receiver box. It’s a Castle WP BEC that I shoo goo’ed down. I ain’t so much into pretty as much as I am into function. But my post was to get some ideas of how other people might keep things DRY while bashing in all weather and then being able to hose it off and go on. The BEC and the servo add a lot but they make a hell of a difference in driving. This thing is a beast and it drives better than any stock sized Kraton I have.
I have 6 counting this one and 2 4s’s. I have just a little experience with Building aftermarket Kratons, but admittedly I am a little messy. I’d like to find a taller receiver box to stay in the same footprint. It already has a separate 3s running the fans and that thing in the mess makes them come on from channel 3 on the receiver. Getting past the weight and size is ,and still is the goal for this build. I’ve overcome most obstacles but still need a bigger receiver box. I’ve thought about a second box but there’s really not anywhere to put it that won’t be in the way or just get ripped out after 50 to 70 foot launches. I try to build all my Arrmas to do at least 60 without a gear change or running hot. It’s a challenge no doubt. Of course everyone has different driving styles, and goals they work towards.

It’s a Kraton XL with 20mm extensions on the hubs so it takes a lot to make it turn quick like a regular kraton. Some of the mess is splitters that accumulated as I added different things. The BEC is on top of the receiver box. It’s a Castle WP BEC that I shoo goo’ed down. I ain’t so much into pretty as much as I am into function. But my post was to get some ideas of how other people might keep things DRY while bashing in all weather and then being able to hose it off and go on. The BEC and the servo add a lot but they make a hell of a difference in driving. This thing is a beast and it drives better than any stock sized Kraton I have.
I have 6 counting this one and 2 4s’s. I have just a little experience with Building aftermarket Kratons, but admittedly I am a little messy. I’d like to find a taller receiver box to stay in the same footprint. It already has a separate 3s running the fans and that thing in the mess makes them come on from channel 3 on the receiver. Getting past the weight and size is ,and still is the goal for this build. I’ve overcome most obstacles but still need a bigger receiver box. I’ve thought about a second box but there’s really not anywhere to put it that won’t be in the way or just get ripped out after 50 to 70 foot launches. I try to build all my Arrmas to do at least 60 without a gear change or running hot. It’s a challenge no doubt. Of course everyone has different driving styles, and goals they work towards.
If you have that many kratons why don’t you just build a light weight launch 🚀 rig that’s just made to send it? With just the basics then build a rig that drives really well (you can still jump it) but just not big launches.

If I had to have a BEC and fan controller I would just simplify that, rip it all out and run a separate small battery to power them
If you have that many kratons why don’t you just build a light weight launch 🚀 rig that’s just made to send it? With just the basics then build a rig that drives really well (you can still jump it) but just not big launches.
Because that would suck 😆! I build them all to bash like a madman. Build a weak KRATON!! Are you insane man? I’m too lazy to change pinions let alone stop driving and say “ I think I’ll go get my real KRATON”😆😆! You’re a funny guy! I’m kidding around of course! All my trucks are either built for heavy bashing or I’m still working on it. I have different Arrmas for less high flying action like the Talion, Typhon and the Kraton 4s kinda falls in that category because of the plastic chassis. The Kratons are my go to bashing trucks. Outcast wheelies too much to be a great all the time any time basher.
Great truck and fun to drive but less stable.

Why don’t you measure everything up and have someone 3D print you a box that’ll hold all your electronics? You think your BEC will fit in an oversized receiver box? I’m running a HW BEC on one of my rigs, also for a ProModeler servo, and ain’t no way that one could get crammed in a receiver box. I don’t run that one in the wet though, it’s a street basher.
I’ll bet you could brainstorm with @Tex Koder and he could come up with a solution that keeps everything clean and dry, maybe? He’s done some cool prints.

Why don’t you get a 5+ port receiver so you can eliminate half of that wiring? Looks like you have a 3-channel or something. Or shorten all the wires.

Why don’t you get a 5+ port receiver so you can eliminate half of that wiring? Looks like you have a 3-channel or something. Or shorten all the wires.
A bigger receiver is something i should do.
Right now I’m running the Tactic radio stock.
I have thought about going with a really good remote that would cover several vehicles. That involves changing all receivers which I have never done because I don’t see much gain in driving by having a fancy remote. Besides being able to run multiple trucks
What does a aftermarket remote do to help a dirt , grass, and ramp kind of basher? I have asked the question on here before but nobody ever says it makes a difference in driving. Cheap Tactic radios run the hell out of my rigs. If there are benefits please share.
I don’t know anyone with a 3d printer but would like to get one made.

Why don’t you measure everything up and have someone 3D print you a box that’ll hold all your electronics? You think your BEC will fit in an oversized receiver box? I’m running a HW BEC on one of my rigs, also for a ProModeler servo, and ain’t no way that one could get crammed in a receiver box. I don’t run that one in the wet though, it’s a street basher.
I’ll bet you could brainstorm with @Tex Koder and he could come up with a solution that keeps everything clean and dry, maybe? He’s done some cool prints.
A bigger receiver is something i should do.
Right now I’m running the Tactic radio stock.
I have thought about going with a really good remote that would cover several vehicles. That involves changing all receivers which I have never done because I don’t see much gain in driving by having a fancy remote. Besides being able to run multiple trucks
What does a aftermarket remote do to help a dirt , grass, and ramp kind of basher? I have asked the question on here before but nobody ever says it makes a difference in driving. Cheap Tactic radios run the hell out of my rigs. If there are benefits please share.
I don’t know anyone with a 3d printer but would like to get one made.

Perhaps something even more simplistic can solve the issue you're having..
Just need some 3D spacer/raiser that fit between the OEM receiver box and the cover. You'll need to use (appropriate) longer screws to secure them together ,of course.
Also some silicone sealant around the edges of the spacer/raiser to maintain a water proof seal.

Take some photos of the receiver box (just so I know which one you have) and let me know about how much additional height you think you need to house all the wiring ,and I'll draft up something for you to review.

Just need some 3D spacer/raiser that fit between the OEM receiver box and the cover. You'll need to use (appropriate) longer screws to secure them together ,of course.
Also some silicone sealant around the edges of the spacer/raiser to maintain a water proof seal.

Take some photos of the receiver box (just so I know which one you have) and let me know about how much additional height you think you need to house all the wiring ,and I'll draft up something for you to review.
Wow that sounds great! It’s the receiver box that comes in the 6s EXB. I think a 20 mm raise would be plenty. I have reduced some of the splitters in there. I can get it shut but it’s a challenge. This is a spare cover I have.

What do you guys do to manage your wiring?

View attachment 273679
The opposite of that.
or just mount 1 ammo can properly ventilated.

Wow that sounds great! It’s the receiver box that comes in the 6s EXB. I think a 20 mm raise would be plenty. I have reduced some of the splitters in there. I can get it shut but it’s a challenge. This is a spare cover I have.
I would think other guys would have the need for a receiver box extension.

Man, that is a great idea!! If you can make something like that I'd absolutely buy a few of em, could use a couple of units for an Infraction rx box as well

Wow that sounds great! It’s the receiver box that comes in the 6s EXB.

I don't own an EXB..

This is what I have..
Please confirm if this what you have also.
IMG_20230129_114550401_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230129_114525809.jpg

I think a 20 mm raise would be plenty. I have reduced some of the splitters in there. I can get it shut but it’s a challenge. This is a spare cover I have.

Okay.
I'll see what I can do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back