bigger the battery = faster car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virginia mud

Reaction score
My typhon v3 is stock and I have these batteries. What batteries do I need to go faster . And a can't get a wheelie on launch. Do I have to program the esc?

20210115_214357.jpg

And I have a spectrum smart charger also. Do my batteries discharge on there own if not used after 24hrs? That's what the guy told me at hobbytown

Last edited:
If you want to be able to wheelie turn the punch up on the ESC(instructions are in the manual). Yes, your battery does discharge when not used, when you are done running it place it on storage charge. When you are ready to drive again balance charge it.

You can turn up the punch on the esc for more wheelies but its really not necessary. when you wheelie you have less control do u really want that?

basically.... 5000 mah 50c has a 250 amp output theoretically... but we all know that the c ratings are bullshit. Either way your electronics will only benefit from a bigger mah battery if the motor/esc will pull the amps. And on a 3s setup I highly doubt you'll ever pull anywhere near that batteries capacity. So 5000mah is plenty. for a 50c/5000 mah battery you multiply 5ah x 50c = 250. a 60c battery would give you 5ah x 60c= 300. Those numbers are only as accurate as the c rating. for guys running xlx2 with data logs that show they pulled hundreds of amps, these stats are very important. Not so much on a 3s platform, unless your running little 2200mah 20c batts. in that scenario your only getting 44amp draw from the battery.

PS: this is just what I have learned on lithium batteries in multiple applications over the years. I may not have explained it very well, but hopefully you get the picture.

My typhon 3s is stock and I have these batteries. What batteries do I need to go faster . And a can't get a wheelie on launch. Do I have to program the esc?

View attachment 120307
And I have a spectrum smart charger also. Do my batteries discharge on there own if not used after 24hrs? That's what the guy told me at

If you want to be able to wheelie turn the punch up on the ESC(instructions are in the manual). Yes, your battery does discharge when not used, when you are done running it place it on storage charge. When you are ready to drive again balance charge it.
Storage charge? Balance charge? I'm kinda new to this.

Storage charge? Balance charge? I'm kinda new to this.
You owe it to yourself to do some lipo research. Treated poorly, your lipos can cause you major heartache, or worse.

cheers,
kev

O didn't think my batteries where lipo
Ok they are lipo. I'm new i don't know all the language
Please, please read up these things bro. Know everything about them, everything.
There,s lots of resources available on YouTube and the web to get you up and running.......what to do and more importantly what not to do. Google lipo basics, etc.

Most importantly, never ever leave them unattended while you are charging them.
Best of luck.

cheers,
kev

Uhhh yeah. I wish it was in English
Meening I didn't understand any of it.the terminology.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back