Typhon Bigger tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trainwreck

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
What do I need to change on my 6sv5 Typhon to put Kraton wheels on? Just hubs? Will that still work with stock size wheels

Kraton hubs, axle stubs, hexes.
Screenshot_20210328-175025_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210328-175005_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210328-175103_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20210328-175118_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Just a little wider is all. But this is the way to go v/s hex extenders. If you only want to run street, hex extenders will be OK. To keep it for bashing....go this route.
Also Jenny's RC has the hubs in stock under the Kraton EXB. Same hubs. Get the hexes off ebay.

Basically, with all the parts needed and MT tires, you have made yourself a Notorious with Typhon shocks and towers.

Watch your gearing as well if you change over. The bigger tires will change the load on your motor. I put 4s outcast tires on mine with it widened and ran one with the stock arms and belted 2.8's.

So is that a good thing you think?
Meaning making into a Notorious with Typhon shock towers?

I used senton towers, rear talion shocks up front, and rear kraton shocks on the back on my frankenstein.

dude buggy2.jpg

I think so. I don't have huge MT tires. Use the belted Badlands MX28. They are 2.10 wide, 5.04 tall. Kind of in the middle of buggy and full size MT tires.

Handles beautifully on the road and rips up some grass rooster tails hard core.

20210405_222654.jpg

I think so. I don't have huge MT tires. Use the belted Badlands MX28. They are 2.10 wide, 5.04 tall. Kind of in the middle of buggy and full size MT tires.

Handles beautifully on the road and rips up some grass rooster tails hard core.

View attachment 138781
I pulled my kraton hubs/axles off to widen it a little there and for wheel clearance but i did the same thing to one rig.

typhon10.jpg

As others have mentioned kraton hubs, stub axles, hexes are a great way to do it. Throw on some mx28 and you truely have a wild beast. Mine are non belted which I prefer but absolutely awesome, soaks up the terrain. Puts a smile on my face everytime

PXL_20210402_182736819.jpg

Watch your gearing as well if you change over. The bigger tires will change the load on your motor. I put 4s outcast tires on mine with it widened and ran one with the stock arms and belted 2.8's.
Hey Caleb
So does stock gearing cause problems?
Thanks!

Hey Caleb
So does stock gearing cause problems?
Thanks!
Stock may be ok, you'd have to check temps on it. i know you'll def get better bite so it may be alittle more load.

Stock may be ok, you'd have to check temps on it. i know you'll def get better bite so it may be alittle more load.
Hmm.
I’ll watch that.
If more heat would you gear up or down? My instinct would have me going down a tooth on the pinion but maybe the other way?
Thanks

Hmm.
I’ll watch that.
If more heat would you gear up or down? My instinct would have me going down a tooth on the pinion but maybe the other way?
Thanks
If temps look bad gear down. Put a dual fan setup from power hobby on it and that’ll help too. I ran 18t before I upgraded the motor/esc

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back