Typhon Bigger tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you use the 1/2" offset adapters?
Just bash it makes some extenders which may cut down on the price of widending it to where the wheels fit. I still like the kraton parts approach myself.

I know I wanted to but I had to cut it off somewhere man lol. Getting spendy
Yep! i do the center braces/hinge pin blocks/servo mount for sure first thing on all of mine. I do have a baggy with 8 or more sets of stock blocks in it if you break them i guess :ROFLMAO:

They break I’ll upgrade. No big deal. Front brace works fine. I drilled out to 4mm

So I'm pretty sure I want to go this route with my 6S V5. Question for those that have done it is how does it affect the overall speed and handling? So far it's mostly street and a bit of bashing and I have a Kraton on the way for the heavier stuff but I do love how zippy and responsive the Typhon is. How much is that affected? Is it mostly the same but more capable or is it a pretty significant change?

So I'm pretty sure I want to go this route with my 6S V5. Question for those that have done it is how does it affect the overall speed and handling? So far it's mostly street and a bit of bashing and I have a Kraton on the way for the heavier stuff but I do love how zippy and responsive the Typhon is. How much is that affected? Is it mostly the same but more capable or is it a pretty significant change?

I did the same as most in this post. All the same parts with belted badlands. I love how it kicks up grass rooster tails and also kicks ass haha. I've had no problems running thru 2 6s packs with no fan or heatsink but I did invest in the game changer Fans/heatsink combo. My 6sv5 has run great with the new set up. Wider so less roll overson tight turns for sure.

Screenshot_20210607-175418_Gallery.jpg

I felt it really slows down the responsiveness of the typhon! I have a 13 tooth pinion and it still gets hot in deep sand. Not enough suspension to use big tires. That’s why I have a Kraton as well. They are both good at there own type of terrain and drive style

Hey me again. I did the hubs and axles, wheels, etc. Loving the truggy thing so far. Dumb new guy question #2 is, if I did the extended frame thing would that improve or impede handling? I’ve seen the stretched Typhons but it looks like most people just run them in a straight line, which I’m not super interested in. I’m wondering if the slightly wider hubs and the longer body bring it closer to stock handling but keep most of the speed?

Hey me again. I did the hubs and axles, wheels, etc. Loving the truggy thing so far. Dumb new guy question #2 is, if I did the extended frame thing would that improve or impede handling? I’ve seen the stretched Typhons but it looks like most people just run them in a straight line, which I’m not super interested in. I’m wondering if the slightly wider hubs and the longer body bring it closer to stock handling but keep most of the speed?
You could stretch it to bash if you wanted to, it’s not something a lot of bashers do I don’t figure. You’d be flirting with talion territory too at that point.

I know this threads been dead the past month but I was hopping to get some insight on planning my build. I’ve had a v5 typhoon for 6 months and enjoyed driving it. I recently walked into a great deal on a team corally radix 6, which is similar enough Between them I don’t drive them much. I do a decent amount of off-road grassy rocky terrain riding which I usually prefer my Kraton or outcast. I love the smaller nimble buggy layout and think turning my typhoon into something in between would get a lot more use.
I’m early into researching snd planning so excuse me if I’m missing details snd don’t understand the build completely yet… my main questions are on the advantages of changing out the suspension arms and which to use.
if I understand correctly here, you can just use the Kraton hubs. Shafts etc with the stick typhoon arms and widen it some and then use a larger tire. I was thinking of using Mohave arms also, under the impression that would give me a bit more suspension travel and width somewhere between using the Kraton hubs/axles/shafts etc and full Kraton parts including the arms.
if I went this route would I them use the Mohave hubs, axles, shafts etc or would it be best to still use the Kraton hubs axles snd shafts?
sorry if this should be obviously,
im new to surface, I was deep deep into Rx helicopters for years then got out of Rx when my son was younger and work got more demanding. Then I found my way back about 9 months ago when I picked up a few used Traxxas rigs to mess around with my son… I forgot how prone to addiction I am with this hobby! So I am experienced with Rc and like modding but still learning intricacy of suspension and drivetrains on surface. Thank god the electronics have more crossover… but we definitely didn’t need suspensions in the sir! Lol

I did the same as most in this post. All the same parts with belted badlands. I love how it kicks up grass rooster tails and also kicks ass haha. I've had no problems running thru 2 6s packs with no fan or heatsink but I did invest in the game changer Fans/heatsink combo. My 6sv5 has run great with the new set up. Wider so less roll overson tight turns for sure.

View attachment 152060
Can someone please tell me the part number for these badlands ? Also do I need any hex adapter for these tyres in order to go on my soon to be finished truggified Typhon ?

I did this on mine without changing anything. Crazy amounts fun!!View attachment 203744
What size pinion do you use with those large tires? I'm assuming everyone uses really low tooth pinion because I got nothing but cogging with mx28's on my typhon 3s.

What size pinion do you use with those large tires? I'm assuming everyone uses really low tooth pinion because I got nothing but cogging with mx28's on my typhon 3s.
When I ran Pro-Line MX28 Trencher HP belted tires on my Typhon 3s I used a 15T pinion on a Surpass 3670/2850 motor, and I had no cogging. I've since gone back to lighter buggy tires and a 19T pinion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back