biggest tires for granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dasrott

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
my understanding is that arrma stock tires are 3.2 so it shouldn't be a large deal to run 3.8 or am i wrong? particularly if you drop a cog in your gear

Adding a larger diameter tire than 2.8 will put a lot more strain on the plastic drivetrain. Even 2.8 belted units are significantly heavier and I advise against it.

my understanding is that arrma stock tires are 3.2 so it shouldn't be a large deal to run 3.8 or am i wrong? particularly if you drop a cog in your gear
I have a Granite, I tried 3.8 wheels. It drove REALLY poorly. The higher center of gravity just made it tip and turn over. The Granite doesn't have enough weight, width, or power for 3.8 wheels. I drove it for about 1 minute before making the decision to switch back. Plus there's also the added strain. Stock wheels are 2.8. They are really well suited for the Granite.

It might look cool but it will be miserable to drive. It will just wheelie and flip over all the time. If you want a rig with 3.8 tires, get a 6S. ✌?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back