Bigrock cogging badly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haggis2k2

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
I have a standard bigrock with granite wheels on it. Just replaced all the bearings as they had gone rough and had 1 slipper bearing seized and 1 hub bearing seized. It cut out last time I had it out and now it has started cogging badly, would this be the motor or the esc thats gone faulty? Would it be worth just upgrading to a max 10 combo at this point? I'm thinking max 10 sct with the 3200kv motor

The big tires don't help.. What pinion are u running.. Did it cog before u did the bearings.. When u say cut out, What do u mean!? LVC, thermal, it turns off or looses power!? What servo u running?

The big tires don't help.. What pinion are u running.. Did it cog before u did the bearings.. When u say cut out, What do u mean!? LVC, thermal, it turns off or looses power!? What servo u running?
I put the wheels on it near enough straight out the box running the standard pinion, the motor and esc have never really felt that hot with this setup. Thinking it was probably thermal cut out as battery had plenty of life left in it and I had got stuck in some long grass. Still got standard servo in and it appears to work OK still.

Yep sounds like churmal.. You check your fans are working proper.. I hate those fans all my rigs get a beef cake fan from jump street.. The factory one are ridiculous!!🤏

Would the max10 sct and 3200kv motor be worth doing to it then? both fans are working ok, I'm putting it down to a combo of seized bearings and long grass. Would you drop the gearing down on it or just leave it stock?

Im a spektrum fan boy so u don't want my advice!!🤣
And yes the granite tires are larger, i would try to drop the pinion only after upgrading the fans if they don't work, have u played with your punch setting any!? Oh, and yes max10 is a very popular setup.. Many users on here rock that setup!!💯

Fair enough. Esc still set to stock settings. What fan upgrades would you advise?

How old is your rig and do u maintain and clean often?
I buy the rocket fans.. U cant really go wrong with any of them.. Just google it and see what u find that u like.. I also try to do things different then everybody else so i buy oversized fans and have @3d-rc.myshopify.com print me mounts.. I think yours should be 35mm!?

Last edited:
About 1 year old, used fairly hard but no big jumps. Cleaned after every run unless it's been dry, it gets rather muddy most of the time I take it out. Gets a quick check over as I am cleaning it but that's about it

So you haven't really opened her up any.. Then yes i would say she needs some new sealed bearings.. Not the shielded metal stock ones.. U want sealed bearing like fast eddy's or jims bearings.. Also have u ever pulled the module out.. Im wondering if your motor bearings are going out.. This is a big symptom of cogging and overheating.. Do me and yourself a favor real quick.. Pull center shaft, pull out that module, open it up and see if your motor shaft has any slop to it!!🤔

Edit: My bad u stated u replaced all bearings.. What bearing kit did u use?

Last edited:
I was thinking that. Yes had it all out to replace the bearings but didn't check motor bearings for slop since it felt OK when I turned it. It all rolls nice and smooth now but I will pop the module later on and remove the motor to check it then get back to you

Just pulled motor and can't feel no slop. Knocked the bearing out the can and it feels fine, not really dirty or gritty neither. Motor looks clean inside aswell

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back