Big Rock BIGROCK Steering Bell Crank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAVIDCORRAL

Reaction score
Hello and Happy Holidays to All
I was wondering if I will get better steering response by installing the Hot Racing Aluminum Steering Bell Crank. I have already changed out the servo with a 55k.
Thank you

E7C92CCE-94D6-4A11-85C1-81E2EFFB64CF.png

Yes indeed, they help a lot. You could also tighten up your steering considerably by installing bearings to replace the bronze bushings that are in there now. But for $40.00 I’d probably just get the HR bellcrank set.

Yes indeed, they help a lot. You could also tighten up your steering considerably by installing bearings to replace the bronze bushings that are in there now. But for $40.00 I’d probably just get the HR bellcrank set.
Thank You

I think these are better because they include a metal steering link. They are also half the price. I’ve been running one for a couple months and it’s been solid.
OGRC Aluminum Alloy Steering Bellcrank and Steering Link, with Ball Bearing Upgrade Parts Set for 1/10 Arrma Senton 4X4 Granite 4X4 Typhon 4X4 Kraton 4X4 Big Rock 4X4#AR340132 (Blue) https://a.co/d/6szNJ5e

15909123-57DD-45AB-8850-36CB011CD14B.png

I have one of the HR ones, its not too bad but on full extension the metal will rub.

I found most of my slop occurred from the horrible plastic pillow balls that Arrma insists on using... Check your tie rod and link ends. You can swap them out to Traxxas steel ball links which are much tighter.

Hey man, that’s on 6s cars. All the latest 3s models have bearings in the bellcrank. Crappy metal shielded bearings 😂 so I swap in TBRs
Agree, somehow they are the worst and seize up.... Bushings might have been an upgrade! On more than one occasion I have pulled the rig apart to find the bottom 3S stock bearings seized and stuck with debris.

Agree, somehow they are the worst and seize up.... Bushings might have been an upgrade! On more than one occasion I have pulled the rig apart to find the bottom 3S stock bearings seized and stuck with debris.
Stock bearings are relatively low quality. I pull them and use them on my beater car or let the kid play with them. I like TBR, Winters Eve and most of all, Jim’s. I even swap out the tiny bearing in the differential with a better one.

I have one of the HR ones, its not too bad but on full extension the metal will rub.

I found most of my slop occurred from the horrible plastic pillow balls that Arrma insists on using... Check your tie rod and link ends. You can swap them out to Traxxas steel ball links which are much tighter.
I'm with @RCbuzz on this one. In my experience, most of the slop comes from the terrible pivot balls and links arrma uses. They get worn out after time, especially the short one connected directly to the servo saver. Replacing the short one will fix 40% of your problem. Replacing remaining turnbuckles and end links will get you another 30%, replacing the servo saver will get you another 10-15% and the rest will come from other upgrades. As far as bang for you buck, the linkages will by and large solve most of your steering and slop issues.

There are several threads on the forum about the different link options. And I made my own short stubby link using leftover parts from my HPI bullet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back