Big Rock Bigrock transmitter issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trobinson017

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
I have an issue where I turn on the truck to test if steering and throttle work and they do for about 5 seconds then nothing works. It is as if the battery is dead. When I test the battery it is at 99% charged. I also tried a second battery just to verify it is not a battery issue. Does anyone have any other ideas on what the issue could be.

It is a 3s Bigrock with the tactic remote. I have tried repairing the remote with no luck.

Check your wires for damage. Take them all the way out and inspect them. Bet you find a pinched wire.

not sure about the batteries but they should be good. I will try both things as soon as i get the time. Thank you both

I have checked the wires and found that the white wire going to the esc was pinched at some point. The wire looks like it is still in tact and just ripped the jacket. I used some electrical tape and put it back together with no luck. Does this mean I need a new ESC? If so can I use a bigger ESC or do I need to stick with the BLX100? I am only running 2s lipos in it right now, because this is more for my 5 year old son then for me. Would I need to bump up to a 3s to be able to go to a BLX120 or 185 and still run a 2s battery?

I have checked the wires and found that the white wire going to the esc was pinched at some point. The wire looks like it is still in tact and just ripped the jacket. I used some electrical tape and put it back together with no luck. Does this mean I need a new ESC? If so can I use a bigger ESC or do I need to stick with the BLX100? I am only running 2s lipos in it right now, because this is more for my 5 year old son then for me. Would I need to bump up to a 3s to be able to go to a BLX120 or 185 and still run a 2s battery?
I would simply splice the wire. Cut out the bad sections, solder the wires back together and use some shrink tube to protect it.

I would simply splice the wire. Cut out the bad sections, solder the wires back together and use some shrink tube to protect it.
I have looked into this issue in more depth as well as cut and spliced the bad wire, and it appears that my transmitter is not staying connected for some reason. If I watch the light in the truck transmitter it is red for no more than 30 seconds and then goes out completely. Does that mean I have to replace the remote and transmitter. I have checked the wires for the remote and transmitter and found no issues with them. It ran fine the night before and was not putting it off of any jumps just ran it on a dirt road. The next morning this issue started.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back