Outcast Birthday present - Outcast 8s!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aametzger

TORTURED RC
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Outcast 8s
My wife gave me my 50th Bday present a week early! She surprised me with an Outcast 8s! woohoo! Did a quick run in the yard and street today and i am recharging and going to head to more of a bashing spot here in a few.. Is there anything I should be looking out for in the first few runs?
MAN THIS THING IS HUGE!

Watch the rear tie rods if you manage to cartwheel it or have some rough landings. They tend to push into the rod ends. The first thing I tried was wrapping the tie-rod threads in teflon tape. That worked for awhile but a better option might be changing the rod end mounting point on the rear hubs to the inner-most hole. Then advance the tie-rods enough to bring the camber in. That will put more of the threads into the rod ends and potentially reduce the likelihood of them pushing in. Also, if you land tail first or cartwheel it, the rear spoiler tends to get wedged under the back of the body and tears it up pretty good. I don't have a great suggestion for a fix on that one, yet. The rear CVD axles seem to bend somewhat easy but I am pretty tough on my RCs. Supposedly, GPM makes a 7mm (vs 5.5mm stock) upgrade for the Kraton 8s that also fits the Outcast for about $40-50 (depending on shipping costs). Also, watch the C-clip that hold the bearing in for the driveshaft on the rear diff case. A few people have reported that theirs are popping out pretty easy. I haven't had that problem, myself.

Last edited:
My wife gave me my 50th Bday present a week early! She surprised me with an Outcast 8s! woohoo! Did a quick run in the yard and street today and i am recharging and going to head to more of a bashing spot here in a few.. Is there anything I should be looking out for in the first few runs?
MAN THIS THING IS HUGE!
Happy Birthday Dude!! ?
Sweet present, I ordered one for myself and justified it because it’s my 40th on Wednesday ?

MAN THIS THING IS HUGE!
1598213094823.gif

Happy Birthday Man, you're a lucky dog, your wife is the bomb, keeper for sure lol!

Watch the rear tie rods if you manage to cartwheel it or have some rough landings. They tend to push into the rod ends. The first thing I tried was wrapping the tie-rod threads in teflon tape. That worked for awhile but a better option might be changing the rod end mounting point on the rear hubs to the inner-most hole. Then advance the tie-rods enough to bring the camber in. That will put more of the threads into the rod ends and potentially reduce the likelihood of them pushing in. Also, if you land tail first or cartwheel it, the rear spoiler tends to get wedged under the back of the body and tears it up pretty good. I don't have a great suggestion for a fix on that one, yet. The rear CVD axles seem to bend somewhat easy but I am pretty tough on my RCs. Supposedly, GPM makes a 7mm (vs 5.5mm stock) upgrade for the Kraton 8s that also fits the Outcast for about $40-50 (depending on shipping costs). Also, watch the C-clip that hold the bearing in for the driveshaft on the rear diff case. A few people have reported that theirs are popping out pretty easy. I haven't had that problem, myself.
Thanks for the info. I saw that about the rod ends (online or in a video or something), and actually one of my friends just got one too and mentioned that happened to him after just a run or 2. he's a little new to rc, so he is bringing it over to me tomorrow so i can show him how to resolve.. thanks for the idea of moving the mounting location I might try that on his if he's willing.
I should have known that was coming. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Happy Birthday!
Great gift right?

Guys on YouTube are talking about the rear diff bearing and C-clip popping out. Keep your eyes on that.
yea... great gift for sure! thanks for the heads up on the rear diff bearing and c-clip. I did glance at it couple times to make sure it was still there. I will prob start checking it before each run.
Regarding the rear body and wing, I had that happen a couple times already. Once on both sides. I wonder if a strip of velcro all along the back with the bottom part of the strip cut longways with half on the wing and half on the body, and then the uncut top part could lay across both strips to hold them together? sorry if that was confusingly written :) I also punctured my hood at the shock mount location. I was jumping a gravel pile and caught it at an angle and twisted in the air and landed pretty hard directly upside down. Not my finest driving moment :)

Last edited:
Not sure I totally follow your Velcro suggestion. At this point, I just removed the wing and wheelie bar. The body is already pretty destroyed back there.

You managed to actually puncture the body all the way through? That's impressive! And unfortunate. New bodies are $100... Was hoping not to have to buy a new one too soon.

Not sure I totally follow your Velcro suggestion. At this point, I just removed the wing and wheelie bar. The body is already pretty destroyed back there.

You managed to actually puncture the body all the way through? That's impressive! And unfortunate. New bodies are $100... Was hoping not to have to buy a new one too soon.
Now that i have thought about it more the velcro would prob come off anyway, and the groves in the wing would prevent having a strip all the way across like i was originally thinking. back to the drawing board :)

I was just thinking about a possible fix for the wing wedging under the back of the body. I bet we could find nylon spacers fairly easily that could be placed between the wing mount and the rear shock tower. We'd need longer mounting screws but that shouldn't be difficult. I'd guess an extra 3-5mm would be enough to keep the wing from digging into the body.

Nice wife, even nicer present..?

That C clip thing seems to be happening to a lot of people, does it happen on the K8s too as I've not heard about it before..??

So, I did get some spacers and longer screws. It looks like 3-5mm may not be enough. 8-10mm may be more realistic. Ultimately, my body is so beat up back there that I just cut out most of the tailgate section. It doesn't really catch anymore. But I will try to get some longer spacers. So that when I get a new body, it doesn't get so beat up.

IMG_20200824_194019.jpg

IMG_20200824_194031.jpg

IMG_20200824_194427.jpg

IMG_20200824_194449.jpg

IMG_20200824_194458.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back