Bitty Designs 1:7 Viper -

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajag

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Notorious
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Outcast 4s
  11. Talion
  12. Typhon 6s
Just finished this one up …done in an assortment of candy chrome colors ✍️

CC075AC8-CF2D-48F4-88EB-08BDB44F507E.jpeg

76D2934C-073B-4A8C-9850-25195FD479DE.jpeg

C56C85E5-D7E5-4957-AE98-5A6AB116456F.jpeg

F7CF5C45-9B5A-4483-89D8-95F2E1452B83.jpeg

0694E6CB-1FEE-413C-BE45-E9E8AA772647.jpeg

6F638244-75BE-448F-A3B0-C8EDC8F62E48.jpeg

DD6510AB-A822-421B-99B3-C6E7A84F953D.jpeg

Flames in a color combo that makes them look like a galaxy on a shell in the shape of my FAVORITE car EVER. Check, please!
I wonder how hard it would be to do this kind of paint job on an rc car body.

You could do it but...it would probably be about as stable as the worm asteroid from The Empire Strikes Back. All of those ultra-black paints have no bite. If someone could work out a Musou Black lacquer...that would be top freakin' notch.

That guy does some really cool paintjobs though. I've watched a bunch of his vids. Great stuff.

That’s actually not hard to do really..that “sparkle “effect is nothing more than a large Chameleon pearl flake ..it’s definitely possible on an rc car

I’ve got a few chameleon pearl flakes like that ..here’s one I did on a skyline ..

The key to getting these to bite to lexan is the use of a good clear sealant ..then shooting the pearl to That for adhesion

That’s actually not hard to do really..that “sparkle “effect is nothing more than a large Chameleon pearl flake ..it’s definitely possible on an rc car

I’ve got a few chameleon pearl flakes like that ..here’s one I did on a skyline ..

The key to getting these to bite to lexan is the use of a good clear sealant ..then shooting the pearl to That for adhesion

I think the question is more regarding the Musou Black than the pearl. You'd definitely have to shoot it from the outside as any kind of gloss kills the depth of the blackness.

I think the question is more regarding the Musou Black than the pearl. You'd definitely have to shoot it from the outside as any kind of gloss kills the depth of the blackness.
Yeah I get it
Not ideal but you could always paint the outside of the body

No I mean literally with the Musou Black and the pearl.

No I mean literally with the Musou Black and the pearl.
Isn't that what I said? Literally? That it's about the Musou Black? Oh...I see what happened here. I didn't mean to imply that you didn't want pearl in it, if that's what you got from what I said.

What I was trying to say (and obviously failed to convey) was that getting pearl stuff to adhere isn't the issue. Ajag does that all the time. The real issue (from my perspective anyways) would be to get the Musou black to adhere properly and to stabilize it, as that's always the issue with ultra-black paint of this kind. It would have to be sprayed from the outside because any sort of layer over the Musou will kill the depth. IIRC, that was what the guy had to work out was how to spray the pearl on top of it, without disturbing the flatness of the blackness.

Any sort of sheen over the Musou destroys the depth and it's a super sensitive paint. Even handling it creates glossy blotches because it begins to flatten the rough surface texture of the Musou. The texture of the paint acts as a sort of light dispersion matrix for the photons that strike the sufrace, similar to a quadratic residue diffusor for audio. That's why I'm saying that putting the Musou on the inside of the Lexan would kill the effect of that paintjob.
skyline diffusor.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back