Bittydesign JOTA Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Finished

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diem Turner

Yes...I have a Premium Member
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
Took a little longer than expected but I finally got it done.

I took a slightly different tact on this one than usual...I painted it from the outside (with the exception of the tinted windows). I realize this will make the body far less resilient to prangs (of which I hope there will be zero, lol...famous last words) but to my eye, it makes it look slightly more realistic. If you scale up a 2mm thick Lexan body, that's the equivalent of a 14mm clear coat which, I think, is part of the reason why RC bodies (almost) always look like RC bodies. I'll let you be the judge of that.

As for the painting - the body base color was Tamiya PS-33 Cherry Red and the splitter/spoiler Tamiya PS-1 Black. Both then got two light coats of Tamiya PS-58 Clear Pearl. The body was then covered with Tamiya PS-40 Translucent Pink. The windows were tinted with Tamiya PS-31 Smoke and finally everything was sealed with a light, medium and wetted out clear coat from my local hardware store (OBI for those who care ;-)

The wheels are the new 20 spoke GRPs in XM7 compound. I began with two coats of primer on the spokes. I then painted them successively with Robitronic Cuypers Pink and then Hobbynox Iridescent Candy Red. I then masked off the spokes and hit the inside of the rims and spokes with some generic flat black paint for plastics. I then removed the masking from the spokes and gave the entire wheel one last coat of Iridescent Candy Red which gives the black a neat deep blue shimmer, kind of like eggplant which, to my eye anyways, compliments the Team Associated 17mm blue wheel hexes. One final coat of clear and they were, finally, done.

I detailed the window frames and body with some 2mm pinstriping and dropped some Killerbody 1/7 Corvette GT2 light buckets in the front. I haven't put the LEDs in yet as I'm still working out how I'm going to install the rear lights I got for it from Polo Creations. I really don't want to rush this part because that's going to require cutting the rear end of the body up which, if I'm honest, I'm a little apprehensive about. But....we all know what must be done 🤪

Here's some pictures before I accidentally wreck or ruin it lol.

SAM_6276.JPG

SAM_6277.JPG

SAM_6278.JPG

SAM_6279.JPG

SAM_6280.JPG

SAM_6281.JPG

SAM_6283.JPG

SAM_6284.JPG

SAM_6285.JPG

SAM_6288.JPG

SAM_6289.JPG

SAM_6290.JPG

SAM_6292.JPG

I just realized I forgot to do the body panel lines...but here she is anyways.

Last edited:
Looks Absolutely phenomenal!
Love the choice in colors, the attention to details, the wheels -Primo!!

So, would you need some side mirrors and exhaust tips to finish out the "realistic" look? ;)

So, would you need some side mirrors and exhaust tips to finish out the "realistic" look? ;)
Funny you should say that...
IMG_0439.JPG

Still working out how I want to do the exhaust ;)

Took a little longer than expected but I finally got it done.

I took a slightly different tact on this one than usual...I painted it from the outside (with the exception of the tinted windows). I realize this will make the body far less resilient to prangs (of which I hope there will be zero, lol...famous last words) but to my eye, it makes it look slightly more realistic. If you scale up a 2mm thick Lexan body, that's the equivalent of a 14mm clear coat which, I think, is part of the reason why RC bodies (almost) always look like RC bodies. I'll let you be the judge of that.

As for the painting - the body base color was Tamiya PS-33 Cherry Red and the splitter/spoiler Tamiya PS-1 Black. Both then got two light coats of Tamiya PS-58 Clear Pearl. The body was then covered with Tamiya PS-40 Translucent Pink. The windows were tinted with Tamiya PS-31 Smoke and finally everything was sealed with a light, medium and wetted out clear coat from my local hardware store (OBI for those who care ;-)

The wheels are the new 20 spoke GRPs in XM7 compound. I began with two coats of primer on the spokes. I then painted them successively with Robitronic Cuypers Pink and then Hobbynox Iridescent Candy Red. I then masked off the spokes and hit the inside of the rims and spokes with some generic flat black paint for plastics. I then removed the masking from the spokes and gave the entire wheel one last coat of Iridescent Candy Red which gives the black a neat deep blue shimmer, kind of like eggplant which, to my eye anyways, compliments the Team Associated 17mm blue wheel hexes. One final coat of clear and they were, finally, done.

I detailed the window frames and body with some 2mm pinstriping and dropped some Killerbody 1/7 Corvette GT2 light buckets in the front. I haven't put the LEDs in yet as I'm still working out how I'm going to install the rear lights I got for it from Polo Creations. I really don't want to rush this part because that's going to require cutting the rear end of the body up which, if I'm honest, I'm a little apprehensive about. But....we all know what must be done 🤪

Here's some pictures before I accidentally wreck or ruin it lol.

View attachment 223170
View attachment 223171
View attachment 223172
View attachment 223173
View attachment 223174
View attachment 223175
View attachment 223176
View attachment 223177
View attachment 223178
View attachment 223179
View attachment 223180
View attachment 223181
View attachment 223182

I just realized I forgot to do the body panel lines...but here she is anyways.
This is really awesome! Now I want one of these bodies

Back