Bittydesign JOTA Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Finished

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on what kind of hub extenders you have and what the inside of the wheel hub is shaped like. The +6mm works for the GRPs because they don't sit down flush into GPM hub extension I have. I hope this picture makes sense of what I'm saying.
View attachment 223313
Did you trim the diffuser or the rear of the body to get the stance right?

I trimmed my diffuser to get it right

59E78BCD-DDB3-457C-9CC9-574CF9579A15.jpeg

1B193E20-535F-4224-9A3D-0E4AC74740A0.jpeg

B3212584-0657-4D9B-8A75-A49C4316733F.jpeg

Beautiful!
I had one in the cart for like a month.
The whole thing with addons is like 180 shipped. Hoping its possible soon. Ur skewing the odds with this post for sure.

Thanks man, I appreciate it :)
I did. I put +6mm GPM hub extenders on the rear and I modified the stock rear/front hinge pin holder a long time ago for 0° toe in.
How did ye go aboot this lad? Ah'm assumin ye mean the lower forward one on the rear diff! BashingBrian put me onto doin this ages ago but the options were spendy. An ah was on the bones of ma arse at the time!
Still am but can fabricate an modificate wi the best of them! 😁

Beautiful!
I had one in the cart for like a month.
The whole thing with addons is like 180 shipped. Hoping its possible soon. Ur skewing the odds with this post for sure.
180? Damn, that's steep. Well, I'm glad I could help you out with your purchasing decision :LOL:

Actually neither. My body is cut along the same line as yours. No modification of the diffusor was necessary. It fits neatly inside the body on mine.
Can you post a pic of the back?
Looks like you have the right stance and wheel gap but I couldn’t get it without trimming the rear diffuser
This is how it looked before trimming

EDB374D3-ABAB-4F43-A255-D2D902AE93EE.jpeg

62785CCA-9E25-4D27-AA9F-459B302AC79F.jpeg

02263FFE-767D-4561-B3B2-70DD09E7D9ED.jpeg

How did ye go aboot this lad? Ah'm assumin ye mean the lower forward one on the rear diff! BashingBrian put me onto doin this ages ago but the options were spendy. An ah was on the bones of ma arse at the time!
Still am but can fabricate an modificate wi the best of them! 😁
lol, yeah, that's the one I'm talking about. I just drilled an extra hole on each side at the same width as those on the rear pin holder. The two holes are fairly close to the original holes and overlap a tiny bit. I took grub screws to plug the old hole and flattened them on one side to make enough room so the pin fits in the newly drilled hole. If this doesn't make sense I'll be happy to take pictures of what I did for you next time I take the rear end apart. I'm about to head out for my maiden 3S run or I'd do it right now :)

BTW, I love that you write phonetic Sco'ish. I read Irvine Welsh's Trainspotting back when it came out. When I opened up the book to read it I first thought it was written in a foreign language lol. I had to read portions of it out loud to get what he was writing :LOL:
Can you post a pic of the back?
Looks like you have the right stance and wheel gap but I couldn’t get it without trimming the rear diffuser
This is how it looked before trimming

View attachment 223319

View attachment 223320

View attachment 223321
I'll be more than happy to. I just built it back and put the Ford C100 body back on for a 3S speed run for the inaugural AF 3S shootout, but I'll post a pic of the rear end when I have the JOTA body back on.

Last edited:
It depends on what kind of hub extenders you have and what the inside of the wheel hub is shaped like. The +6mm works for the GRPs because they don't sit down flush into GPM hub extension I have. I hope this picture makes sense of what I'm saying.
View attachment 223313
lol my extensions are from gpm as well. Looks like I need to get the +6mm

So, it looks like you would have cut out the exhausts from the body shell, IF you wanted yours to sit correctly AND keep you diffuser intact... yes?
I just cut the plastic diffuser on this one
Otherwise I’d have had to cut the body
I did all paint on mine including the mesh etc so I didn’t want you cut the body
I opted to cut the diffuser

Like this
This is on a limitless

A371D8CD-DA44-4DA5-8D81-2A024819FC20.jpeg

839AD35A-333A-45BD-85EE-7B057D1E6DF2.jpeg

I just cut the plastic diffuser on this one
Otherwise I’d have had to cut the body
I did all paint on mine including the mesh etc so I didn’t want you cut the body
I opted to cut the diffuser

Like this
This is on a limitless

View attachment 223325

View attachment 223326

I see..
I get it.

So, would making a 3D "mount" of some kind to hold that exhaust-portion (which will be trimmed off) and that'll attach to the stock diffuser..
Make it possible to give you the stance you're looking for AND keep your painted "mesh" all intact?

Thanks for the heads-up! How do you carry the car outside? I always struggle with this with these on road cars and custom body. Normally I hold it by the wing and pray I don't ruin anything but it sure is scary.
Sorry, I had meant to provide a serious answer to this question but got a little sidetracked in the service industry moment (though I do carry the car like this at times but generally only over shorter distances).
I've been a guitarist for most of my life and there are these wonderful, small yet incredibly secure button fasteners or strap locks by a manufacturer named LOXX (these also find wide use in the private marine industry to fasten down covers on boats of all kinds).
https://amz.run/5gYF
1655269417926.png

I drove one of the button screws into each side of the splitter where the wing of a Limitless gets attached.
IMG_0448.JPG

Now I just hook the sling over my should and carry the car like a duffel bag at my side with a guitar strap at its shortest setting. You can comfortably carry a fully loaded Infraction this way for a mile.
IMG_0447.JPG

This has been the best solution I've found so far to carry cars that don't have inbuilt handles like the roll bar of the Infraction or the wing of the Limitless. It's not a cheap solution, but it is highly functional, comfortable and super easy to latch on and remove (both is a one second affair) and they come in a wide variety of visual styles if you're into that kind of detail.
1655270022307.png

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Took a little longer than expected but I finally got it done.

I took a slightly different tact on this one than usual...I painted it from the outside (with the exception of the tinted windows). I realize this will make the body far less resilient to prangs (of which I hope there will be zero, lol...famous last words) but to my eye, it makes it look slightly more realistic. If you scale up a 2mm thick Lexan body, that's the equivalent of a 14mm clear coat which, I think, is part of the reason why RC bodies (almost) always look like RC bodies. I'll let you be the judge of that.

As for the painting - the body base color was Tamiya PS-33 Cherry Red and the splitter/spoiler Tamiya PS-1 Black. Both then got two light coats of Tamiya PS-58 Clear Pearl. The body was then covered with Tamiya PS-40 Translucent Pink. The windows were tinted with Tamiya PS-31 Smoke and finally everything was sealed with a light, medium and wetted out clear coat from my local hardware store (OBI for those who care ;-)

The wheels are the new 20 spoke GRPs in XM7 compound. I began with two coats of primer on the spokes. I then painted them successively with Robitronic Cuypers Pink and then Hobbynox Iridescent Candy Red. I then masked off the spokes and hit the inside of the rims and spokes with some generic flat black paint for plastics. I then removed the masking from the spokes and gave the entire wheel one last coat of Iridescent Candy Red which gives the black a neat deep blue shimmer, kind of like eggplant which, to my eye anyways, compliments the Team Associated 17mm blue wheel hexes. One final coat of clear and they were, finally, done.

I detailed the window frames and body with some 2mm pinstriping and dropped some Killerbody 1/7 Corvette GT2 light buckets in the front. I haven't put the LEDs in yet as I'm still working out how I'm going to install the rear lights I got for it from Polo Creations. I really don't want to rush this part because that's going to require cutting the rear end of the body up which, if I'm honest, I'm a little apprehensive about. But....we all know what must be done 🤪

Here's some pictures before I accidentally wreck or ruin it lol.

View attachment 223170
View attachment 223171
View attachment 223172
View attachment 223173
View attachment 223174
View attachment 223175
View attachment 223176
View attachment 223177
View attachment 223178
View attachment 223179
View attachment 223180
View attachment 223181
View attachment 223182

I just realized I forgot to do the body panel lines...but here she is anyways.
Very good looking, looks like TheStradman's.

Very good looking, looks like TheStradman's.
Thanks man I appreciate it. Nice, I hadn't seen the Stradman's Aventador before. I like the white rims, those look pretty sweet too.

This was my inspiration. The translucent pink made it a little redder than I had intended but, having painted it from the outside...nothing that can't be rectified in the future (I have some more paint cans next to me for just that purpose).
1656814936176.png

Back