Bittydesign liquid mask

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Nero
  3. Talion
I was using painters tape to cover the JOTA body I bought for my limitless, the tape kept on lifting. I was looking for different options for covering the body when I found the liquid mask. What tools would I need to put it on? How much will I need per body I paint? Is there a rattle can version?

Body was washed thoroughly with dish soap? Pretty scary to think tape won't adhere to something your about to paint... Thing is probably loaded with mold release..

Get the LiquidMask. You'll never use anything else again. If you want to do it right, it requires a good spray gun that can move a lot of air like an HVLP with a large tip, but they require a fairly good sized air compressor to feed them properly. But you just shoot one heavy coat and you're good to go. I have a cheap POS gun, something like this and it does the job but I need to thin it a little so as to not clog the nozzle. 2-3 coats letting it set up between coats and it's good to go.
1670418883404.png

You can apply it straight out of the bottle with a brush as well. It's a little more tedious but not too bad. Depending on how thick you apply it, 3-4 coats should do the trick.
Wait for it to cure, draw your lines on the outside on the protective plastic cover and then cut all the lines on the inside and remove the parts as needed.

Use a very sharp knife to trim out the mask. I'm no pro for sure. That is the advice I got from the pros. Be patient when cutting and go lightly. If you score the body with your knife it will become a weak point.

Use a very sharp knife to trim out the mask. I'm no pro for sure. That is the advice I got from the pros. Be patient when cutting and go lightly. If you score the body with your knife it will become a weak point.
+1
Always put a fresh blade in your scalpel when and go easy on the pressure. It cuts pretty easily.
The paint is pretty old. Would that make it not stick as well?
Possible. What kind of paint? If you're using rattle cans, use Tamiya PS paint if they have the color you want. After washing the body thoroughly with water and dish soap, dry it off and then scuff the inside with a ScotchBrite pad or something similar. No need to go crazy with it, just enough to make some scratches in the plastic for the paint to grab onto. Tamiya paint sticks like stink on a turd.

+1
Always put a fresh blade in your scalpel when and go easy on the pressure. It cuts pretty easily.

Possible. What kind of paint? If you're using rattle cans, use Tamiya PS paint if they have the color you want. After washing the body thoroughly with water and dish soap, dry it off and then scuff the inside with a ScotchBrite pad or something similar. No need to go crazy with it, just enough to make some scratches in the plastic for the paint to grab onto. Tamiya paint sticks like stink on a turd.
I meant to say tape.

I meant to say tape.
Then the answer is 100% yes. Over time the adhesive can and usually will dry out. I'd still get the Liquid Mask anyway though. Once you try it for the first time you'll ask yourself why you didn't try it earlier and how you ever painted without it.

I did paint it a little (yesterday). I finished the can I had, and then realized it was leaking under the tape. I have a paint thinner, hopefully it does a good job.
You can apply it straight out of the bottle with a brush as well. It's a little more tedious but not too bad.
Will this clean off of the brush like any other paints? Or should I buy a new (cheap) brush.

My $.02

I use nothing but liquid mask when I paint bodies..probably done 300-400 bodies at this point using various types of liquid mask ..I prefer the bitty designs

I scuff the inside..then clean with isopropyl alcohol

I shoot a single heavy coat with my cheap eBay 15$ 1.5mm tipped hvlp gun through my compressor. As for trimming ..you NEED the angled tip bitty designs knife (7$)
Best thing you can buy to do high detailing

Here’s the jota I did the other day for someone

All the detailing is shot through an airbrush..no decals

9DCB3B74-1B0E-4402-98F7-44F5F3CF6DAB.jpeg

615964A6-CB3B-439B-82AC-8410050BD0F1.jpeg

18B8257F-F6BE-4E07-9F30-910E81A2ABF3.jpeg

C35D88BE-D907-4EDD-AD10-169104A6A719.jpeg

3DC57ED6-836B-4CA0-AD97-45DDD4B12125.jpeg

6C3B1D04-33AC-4022-B814-CBE4BAD73ECD.jpeg

40C2149C-0838-471F-AD4D-943BFEDAADE1.jpeg

Looks great. Will that body fit on the limitless v2 chassis?
Any 1/7 body fits on the limitless v2

There’s literally like 30 different body choices

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back