Kraton Black Friday Kraton EXB deal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marucci87

Reaction score
Well I ordered a Kraton exb, I couldn’t pass it up, I got mine from Amain. Between the sale and my rewards points I had saved up, I only paid a 150 shipped. I haven’t been paying attention to anything Kraton related on this forum, I never thought I would buy one honestly...we’ll a 1/8 one. My opinion on the 1/8 was it’s a fo-truggy more like a stretched MT…but what do I know I’m just some guy that can’t stop buying rcs. I’m thinking about putting my xtra HW Xr8 plus combo with the 4274 2250kv motor it, you guys think that’s pushing it with the kv? I would like it to do 55-60mph. Anything I should watch out for with this rc? I believe the front diff has the same diff as my Talion exb and that’s been bullet proof for me.

$150 for an EXB, good deal!
X8 combo is not ideal but will work, you will need motor fans and heat in general will be an issue on 6S. If you have it lying around, go use it, but I wouldn't buy one for this rig. I personally like stock 2050kV but the Max6/1650kV combo runs a lot cooler.
50-60 won't be an issue, probably more on road.

$150 for an EXB, good deal!
X8 combo is not ideal but will work, you will need motor fans and heat in general will be an issue on 6S. If you have it lying around, go use it, but I wouldn't buy one for this rig. I personally like stock 2050kV but the Max6/1650kV combo runs a lot cooler.
50-60 won't be an issue, probably more on road.
Yeah it’s just laying around but I think I’m going to put my old spektrum 160a esc and motor out of my outcast8s and run it on 6s…any idea what gearing I should start with…I have the 25t from the O8s too..I’ll be happy with 45mph Im just going to jump with it anyway. But I have a extra set of dboot backflips 6s laying around I want to put on the Kraton..,I’m think with the tire tallness and the gearing I might be in a happy area?? Or 23t idk, if anyone with experience with that set up pleas chime in too.

I believe the 8S motor is 1250kV, a 25T should be perfect for what you are trying to accomplish.
No need for fans either, plenty of torque, careful or your diffs will suffer.
Yeah it is 1250k, I’m pretty good with off throttle landings…I see a lot of people complaint about the diffs, if I’m not mistaken they are the same in my Talion EXB and they have been bullet proof for me and I’m approaching 90 4000mah 6s packs on them…but it’s all from the factory electronics not a 1250kv motor…I always break down a new car before I run it and check diff shims and fluids all that fun stuff. What’s the killer of these diffs?

I grabbed one for the sale price too. Overall pretty neat truck, but the steering is a problem. Lots of threads here about how to tighten (by adding shims) or replace the servo saver. I am actually surprised the Kraton even ships with the steering set this way. I find it to be almost non-functional. Not sure if everyone is having as much of a problem as i am. I have ordered a new spring, threaded body for the steering rack, amd snap rings to add tension to the spring.

The diffs are pretty solid but you are using a 1250kV high torque motor. Power is a killer, not an issue on semi slippery surface. If you are not constantly doing standing backflips or full power on grippy surfaces, you should be fine.

Weight, torque and driving style are all contributing to killing the diffs. Over-shimming is another.

Well I ordered a Kraton exb, I couldn’t pass it up, I got mine from Amain. Between the sale and my rewards points I had saved up, I only paid a 150 shipped. I haven’t been paying attention to anything Kraton related on this forum, I never thought I would buy one honestly...we’ll a 1/8 one. My opinion on the 1/8 was it’s a fo-truggy more like a stretched MT…but what do I know I’m just some guy that can’t stop buying rcs. I’m thinking about putting my xtra HW Xr8 plus combo with the 4274 2250kv motor it, you guys think that’s pushing it with the kv? I would like it to do 55-60mph. Anything I should watch out for with this rc? I believe the front diff has the same diff as my Talion exb and that’s been bullet proof for me.
2250kv too high for the K EXB IMHO. Will run too hot for sure. Have that one also, but for on-road use.
Great to have that HW XR8 + Sensored setup ESC in there however. (y)(y)
1950kv tops or lower (6s) for Off-Road.

Anything I should watch out for with this rc?
Congrats on the purchase. Got mine in Oct I would say recheck all the screws and add TL for metal to metal. I missed one area and the screws backed out at the red A-steering plate.

I did NOT go crazy with upgrades but I did find some smart places to put money:

• M2C rear shock tower brace
  • M2C shock shtand-offs
  • M2C Ackerman steering bar
  • M2C thicker driveshafts (this one saved me on a hard hit stock would have bent for sure)
Great purchase and enjoy!

I grabbed one for the sale price too. Overall pretty neat truck, but the steering is a problem. Lots of threads here about how to tighten (by adding shims) or replace the servo saver. I am actually surprised the Kraton even ships with the steering set this way. I find it to be almost non-functional. Not sure if everyone is having as much of a problem as i am. I have ordered a new spring, threaded body for the steering rack, amd snap rings to add tension to the spring.

As stated above I just got the new K6S EXB. Where are you finding a steering issue? I did see the video about shimming the steering servo. Stock EXB they did add one a black shim there which was not on the models I saw in the video. My experience turning it has been good. I did remove the slop at the wheel hubs by adding TRB shims 8x10mm. I used 0.1 & 0.3mm to have no wheel slop to keep the hex from moving back and forth. In addition to the M2C Ackerman and DS3230 30kg servo, I have been watching closely to see if servo shimming is needed but has been spot on.

So what are you seeing?

My personal experience about the diffs is that they are solid AF.
Set the LSD disks accordingly and if you plan on going open diff then shim accordingly also.
Just my .02 :)

Congrats on the purchase. Got mine in Oct I would say recheck all the screws and add TL for metal to metal. I missed one area and the screws backed out at the red A-steering plate.

I did NOT go crazy with upgrades but I did find some smart places to put money:

• M2C rear shock tower brace
  • M2C shock shtand-offs
  • M2C Ackerman steering bar
  • M2C thicker driveshafts (this one saved me on a hard hit stock would have bent for sure)
Great purchase and enjoy!

As stated above I just got the new K6S EXB. Where are you finding a steering issue? I did see the video about shimming the steering servo. Stock EXB they did add one a black shim there which was not on the models I saw in the video. My experience turning it has been good. I did remove the slop at the wheel hubs by adding TRB shims 8x10mm. I used 0.1 & 0.3mm to have no wheel slop to keep the hex from moving back and forth. In addition to the M2C Ackerman and DS3230 30kg servo, I have been watching closely to see if servo shimming is needed but has been spot on.

So what are you seeing?
After adjusting the endpoints, the wheels turn lock to lock in the air. However, on the ground they do not move more than 10-15%. While driving, I can make very wide turns at moderate speed, and I have to slow down to walking pace to make a turn within the width of the road.

The issue is the servo saver. It is way too loose. I have a strong servo installed and the truck is brand new, so the issue is definitely from tue factory set up.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back