Typhon Blasphemy: "downgrade" from metal center diff spur to plastic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smirkracing

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fireteam
  3. Gorgon
  4. Granite
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Typhon 6s
Hi All,

I know this might sound crazy to most of you, but I actually want to go "down" to a plastic spur for my center diff. I probably don't send it nearly as hard as many of you, so a plastic spur will be more than strong enough for me (plastic is fine in my Teknos, and I drive those as hard as I care to without ever stripping one).

The reason is NOISE. I'm new to Arrma and while I'm enjoying my vehicles (granite, typhon, kraton) the 6s vehicles are god-awful noisy. A significant amount of the noise is the metal on metal of the pinion on the center diff spur. I live in a very crowded place, so even at parks having a slightly quieter vehicle would be nice. My granite, for example, is quite reasonable from a noise point of view.

So, does anyone know of a plastic center diff spur gear that will fit the 29mm diffs? I can go buy some spurs and experiment but thought I'd check with the experts on the forum first.

Thanks!

Its not noise man its the grunt of powa!!!
Tim Allen GIF

I love the mechanical noise of the 6s line. You will have increased wear if you go plastic, it will cost more money in the long run. I don’t see how noise would bother people at a park, I would understand that if it was nitro or 2 stroke, but electric?

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. I assume you want it quieter for the people around you, but as long as they don't complain, you should be fine. If they do, just go somewhere else. Usually people either show interest or ignore it. Nobody has ever been annoyed by my RCs.

If you think the noise is annoying, you could also get some ear earbuds for music. It should help

Last edited:
My city won't build us a simple dirt track, so I run anywhere and everywhere.

😄

If you can find them, the old Team Durango spur gears were plastic. But I think you will need a whole TD center diff. Also, I think they were 46t.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back