Granite Blew My Motor...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nosedive4130

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Well, it happened. Just waaaay sooner than I would have ever guessed.

My 12 Turn Brushed motor took a dirt nap.

I checked the esc and I still get full battery voltage through the motor leads.

I estimate that I've only run 12 stock packs and about 10 2S 4200 25C Lipo packs through it.

At least I've got a brushless set-up on the way that should make it here by tomarrow.

The fun of blowing something up is getting to upgrade! I have a Raider xl and a Talion, but don't know much about the Mega 4x4...but brushless will need metal gears and good diffs. Hopefully the stock Mega is up to the task. Have fun!

The fun of blowing something up is getting to upgrade! I have a Raider xl and a Talion, but don't know much about the Mega 4x4...but brushless will need metal gears and good diffs. Hopefully the stock Mega is up to the task. Have fun!

I agree. There is a workaround for the rear input diff gear which seems to be the weak link on these trucks. Megasty has a thread on here detailing exactly what you would need.

I'm definitely waiting for aftermarket upgrades to hit the market though.

Last edited:
My motor bit the dust after a dozen 50c 5000mah packs. Have a Titan 12t arriving tomorrow. Fingers crossed I get more life outta this new motor.

Well, I received the new motor and esc and they installed just like they were meant to be there.

I went with the BLX 85 ESC and the BLX 3656 3800kv 4 pole motor with the 17 tooth pinion installed. I had to run the pinion backwards because the motor shaft was a little shorter, but I still have the full width of tooth contact between pinion and spur.

I've set the esc for the first level of punch and 37.5% for braking. It seems like these settings will work well.

So far this seems to be working out great on 2S. I will continue to take it super easy on the throttle until I can upgrade some of the driveline components. Wish me luck.
20180112_193448.jpg

Last edited:
The Titan 12t arrived today. After breaking the motor in using the AA battery method. I reinstalled the motor into the power module, and away we went. Noticeable increase in off-road speed. Not bad for an $18 motor on Amazon.

I have my son's traxxas Grave Digger with the original 12-turn Titan still running 5 years later. Didn't break it in properly... Probably over geared it to begin with... Refuses to die. Sometimes you get lucky with these brushed motors.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back