Blew out my rear diff in my noto please help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatCatRC

FatCat Team Racing
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
SIKE!!! lol well I did blow out my rear diff I do not need help just thought I'd join the crowd lmao. I either snapped a pin or exploded a gear lol one wheel spins nice an free. It was priceless watching the front tires just pizza cutter and drag the rig along. I could feel the rocks flying all the way down the lot. Nuff playing around with store bought pins though time to not be lazy and cut my hss pins. And time for new cups....again.

"Blew out my rear diff in my noto please help."​

Of all guys. You got this.
What a click bait title.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We are all pros with diffs ,owning Arrmas.

"Blew out my rear diff in my noto please help."​

Of all guys. You got this.
What a click bait title.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We are all pros with diffs ,owning Arrmas.
Thought I'd make a few guys laugh. Seems like the most common title for a thread so I thought I'd join the club. But yup seems like a pin again. My cups need replacing the holes are ovals lmao. Dem wheelies and standing flips man, they are fun but hard on diffs. Even mine lol, the gears don't strip no more just those crappy pins. I used up all my mugen pins so now I can stop being lazy and cut proper ones from hss stock. I got enough drill blanks to cut and sell to make my own business lmao I bought too much when I ordered the blanks from china. Pins for life my friend lol.

I am using Dremeled Drill blanks for pins and M2c cups now. FWIW. Are you?
Too early to say if its more durable yet for me. Need many more runs to tell.
My Kraton And Noto.

I am using Dremeled Drill blanks for pins and M2c cups now. FWIW. Are you?
Too early to say if its more durable yet for me. Need many more runs to tell.
My Kraton And Noto.
I am thinking of getting m2c this time. I have gpm right now. I have slightly bent cvd shafts too so that helps destroy cups and bearings too. So now I am ordering a set for both rigs so they have fresh new divetrains for the new season. Switching back to plastic diff cases for the fr and rr diffs but the center will stay aluminum. And @Lovestricken is printing me a balancer rig for my tires to balance them. So no more wobbly wheels wearing stuff out quicker. And nickel plateing my shafts etc like basherqueen. Just need the monies first lol.
What a pain to cut those little pins though, blunting the edges and pheeewwww all the way across the garage. I'll need to walk the lot with one of those monster rare earth magnets....
Why do you think I have been "lazy"? So not looking forward to measuring and cutting those lil bastards.

What a pain to cut those little pins though, blunting the edges and pheeewwww all the way across the garage. I'll need to walk the lot with one of those monster rare earth magnets....
You obviously done this too. A PIA for sure. Lost a few already just trying to cut them. They have to be cut down to 10mm exactly. OMG. Edges rounded off also. PIA.:ROFLMAO:

You obviously done this too. A PIA for sure. Lost a few already just trying to cut them. They have to be cut down to 10mm exactly. OMG. Edges rounded off also. PIA.:ROFLMAO:
That's when you smoke or drink yourself numb and just go at it. Pins go flying words are said but somehow in the morning you have 3 new diffs ready to go.

I've cut up 3 drillbits just yesterday and yielded 3 pins each. Somewhat proud of that accomplishments.
Baby Success GIF

I've cut up 3 drillbits just yesterday and yielded 3 pins each. Somewhat proud of that accomplishments.
Baby Success GIF
I cut up 10 drill bits and yielded 2. My carpet ate the rest.:cry:

I'm using these, if anyone has a better or cheaper source please share. The 3rd piece has a tiny amount of the actual drill grooves but barely ~1mm and that is not where my pins break.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-25mm-TWI...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
The way I do it.
Some tape around the drillbit itself, on the part that will be thrown away, easier to find when dropped (frequently).
I place the end I'm cutting off in a vice and clamp it down and do the cut. I tried by hand or pliers before and had similar miserable success. I have a big vice in the garage but a small one will do. That eliminates the missing pieces during cutting.
After cutting and letting it cool(!) I'll hold that tiny SOB with my hand and lightly blunt the corners.
All with a small dremel and out of sight and sound range from any easily offended bystanders.

Something like this will work:
https://www.amazon.com/Z-COLOR-Open...ld=1&keywords=mini+vice&qid=1614829872&sr=8-2

Last edited:
I'm using these, if anyone has a better or cheaper source please share. The 3rd piece has a tiny amount of the actual drill grooves but barely ~1mm and that is not where my pins break.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-25mm-TWIST-DRILL-METRIC-HSS-JOBBER-DRILLS-10-PIECES-BRIGHT-STEEL-MM-BITS-M2/201953984362?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
The way I do it.
Some tape around the drillbit itself, on the part that will be thrown away, easier to find when dropped (frequently).
I place the end I'm cutting off in a vice and clamp it down and do the cut. I tried by hand or pliers before and had similar miserable success. I have a big vice in the garage but a small one will do. That eliminates the missing pieces during cutting.
After cutting and letting it cool(!) I'll hold that tiny SOB with my hand and lightly blunt the corners.
All with a small dremel and out of sight and sound range from any easily offended bystanders.

https://www.amazon.com/Z-COLOR-Open...ld=1&keywords=mini+vice&qid=1614829872&sr=8-2
Why not use this? https://www.amazon.com/Vermont-Gage-501402250-2-25mm-Drill/dp/B083YS2ZGP Oh my gawd I just noticed the price :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: You could probably make a lifetime supply with that.

Here this is better https://www.tigertoolsupply.com/pro...etric-H.S.S.-Jobbers-Length-Drill-Blanks.html

I think I got mine from ebay there is a plc in the states that sells them but I can't remember their name. They wouldn't sell to me due to covid and shipping etc. I had to order a ton or be a school and since I was niether I searched and found on ebay or ali I can't remember. I got 10 per pack and got 2 packs they are full blanks hss and are 100mm long so 9 per blank with cuts accounted. So if they all work out 190 pins for 15 bucks to my door.

Ti blanks would be a good option.
But it would cost more in Dremel diamond cutting wheels to cut them.:ROFLMAO:
Just kidding. HSS is best option.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-25mm-TWI...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
The way I do it.

Use needle nosed vise grips to hold. I haven't done this before but the way I'm going I probably will be before long. Just crafted my FIRST RC part last night. Bonus points to anyone who guesses what I needed this for.
20210302_211240.jpg
20210302_211405.jpg
20210302_211259.jpg

No stripped screws and turns out it was a broken out drive cup at the hole for the pin. Popped in a spare with my hss pins and presto she's back up. And that brings me to my other thread.... are m2c out drives any good?

I haven't had one M2C fail yet. YET that is.
I would like to test them some more to confirm it. To see how much more durable they actually are. They look finished better if that matters.... :unsure:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back