Kraton Blew up esc. Need advice a new one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarryMolloy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I just blew up my esc. I wanna get a new esc and motor combo. Any suggestions? One that will be an easy swap. This will be my first esc and motor swap.

I like the firma stuff from the Kraton 8s. Could be had as a combo fairly inexpensive. I don’t know what you’re using right now.
Sorry I have the Kraton 6s vol4. Since I blew it up I wanna maybe put something in there that would be an upgrade from the 185blx 2050kv combo. I'm new to the rc world so I'm still learning about motor types and esc combos. Was just looking for a better esc and motor combo, that would be a easy swap. Little to no modification to the vehicle.
Sorry I have the Kraton 6s vol4. Since I blew it up I wanna maybe put something in there that would be an upgrade from the 185blx 2050kv combo. I'm new to the rc world so I'm still learning about motor types and esc combos. Was just looking for a better esc and motor combo, that would be a easy swap. Little to no modification to the vehicle.
Something faster and stronger

Something faster and stronger
With the 8s combo, you would have to gear up quite a bit to keep the same top speed. I would look into a MAX6 combo with the 1650kv motor as a lot of the most experienced guys here run that and love it. @Mr.Duke even runs his on 8S ?

I am doing a max6 and hobbystar 1730kv on a 22t pinion in my talion and kraton, and the same setup with a 20t in my notorious.

18T to 20T would be my guess, but I would check out @Mr.Duke builds and see what he’s running. ??
It hasn't been too hot yet, and my talion/notorious are running yeah racing dual fans on the motors but they haven't been over 140 on 22t. I have a NTF setup coming for the Kraton so it should be even cooler in theory with the volume those fans move being 12v.
Oh and on the stock v4 motor mount and spur it looks like 22 is about all you'll get on and have room to get the screws in the slider.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back