Granite Blinking green light when driving on the ground

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaxli

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
After about 10 mins of driving, the ESC blinked green. I restarted it but it blinked green a few seconds later when I drove it on the ground. However when I held it in place it can run for a long time, ESC didn't blink green.
For context, I just replaced the EC3 holder on the ESC yesterday, it could be a bad soldering job. However the ground is very flat so I'm not sure how that affects the solder joint.

EDIT: I held it again and this time it ran for a second or two before it blinked again. It still ran very fast so I don't know how this got to do with the voltage cutoff.

Last edited:
ESC overheating. Is the fan plugged in?

Screenshot_20210710-181117_Drive.jpg

Sorry this is the Granite Voltage which has the 3 in 1 ESC, it doesn't have a fan but has a heat sink.

Did it get wet? Those srs units on the voltage die easy if they get wet.
Since the problem came up after soldering I’d look there first.

Since the problem came up after soldering I’d look there first.
Yes it got wet, but this SRS is waterproof so I don't think that's the problem.
After I recharged the battery the car ran, but also for about 10 minutes.

Yes it got wet, but this SRS is waterproof so I don't think that's the problem.
After I recharged the battery the car ran, but also for about 10 minutes.
Lol no they are not. I have three voltages. There’s your problem most likely.
Lol no they are not. I have three voltages. There’s your problem most likely.
At this point you can upgrade it to a new brushless or brushed system without the silly three in one SRS… or find a new SRS unit. Just depends upon what you want out of the car.

Is the voltage just the beginning of your remote control hobby or is this pretty much the limit of what you like with the hobby?

Is the voltage just the beginning of your remote control hobby or is this pretty much the limit of what you like with the hobby?
I guess it's just the beginning, I received this car a few months ago and broke it a few times (always the SRS) but either got a replacement or fixed it myself. I mostly drive it alone but sometimes played with some neighbor kids. Probably I'll join an RC club in my area if there' one.

I guess it's just the beginning, I received this car a few months ago and broke it a few times (always the SRS) but either got a replacement or fixed it myself. I mostly drive it alone but sometimes played with some neighbor kids. Probably I'll join an RC club in my area if there' one.
Nice, you might want to consider upgrading it with a brushless system. It’s a great learning experience for getting into the hobby. Look at my thread in this section ‘Velos learning curve build’ What are you upgrade two of my voltages and have a lot of fun with them. Gave me the experience I needed to rebuild my granite 4 x 4 and work on my vorteks and big rock.
Nice, you might want to consider upgrading it with a brushless system. It’s a great learning experience for getting into the hobby. Look at my thread in this section ‘Velos learning curve build’ What are you upgrade two of my voltages and have a lot of fun with them. Gave me the experience I needed to rebuild my granite 4 x 4 and work on my vorteks and big rock.
Thread 'Voltage 2WD brushless conversion, Velo’s learning curve build.'
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...conversion-velo’s-learning-curve-build.39035/

Thread 'Voltage 2WD brushless conversion, Velo’s learning curve build.'
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/voltage-2wd-brushless-conversion-velo’s-learning-curve-build.39035/
Thanks for the great learning materials. I think I'll upgrade this car when the warranty expires.

Back