Mojave Blinking red new blx185 esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortdraw

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
My Mojave had an esc failure on week two of ownership and after a couple weeks of waiting, My new esc showed up today. I carefully changed it out and made sure all wires were routed properly and plugs were clean and in the right places. Now I have a constant blinking red light. I followed instructions to re bind my receiver. Made sure it was in LiPo mode and re programmed my esc parameters. Batteries double checked fully charged and working. I’m kind of down about this purchase to be honest. Can anyone offer me any other suggestions?

Is the radio cable from the ESC plugged in correctly? Is it backwards?

Try one batt. Mine had that red blinking and using one batt resolved it. Not sure why but worth a shot. Hope this helps. If so switch back to 2 batts and go bash. ?

Try one batt. Mine had that red blinking and using one batt resolved it. Not sure why but worth a shot. Hope this helps. If so switch back to 2 batts and go bash. ?
Tried it but no luck. What are the chances that they sent me a dud esc?

Can you take a pic of your reciver? Not that we don't believe you. Just helps to see for ourselves. Do you have steering?

Can you take a pic of your reciver? Not that we don't believe you. Just helps to see for ourselves. Do you have steering?
I still have steering. I’ll upload a photo this evening. I swapped out my old esc and it’s working but intermittently so I’m quite confident I have it hooked up properly.
Inconceivable ?
Ok, that was a dumb question?

My esc just started doing the exact same thing. Except I don't even have steering. Its completely dead ? gana get a free replacement from arrma but also gana get a max6.

Did you recalibrate the ESC? That's the first thing to do when changing ESC or radio.

wonder if I could get help after 4months and using my kraton 4s for 5 min next day it would nt turn on no powe r to esc its not burnet have you guys seen this before

Same issue replaced my 50 day old ESC SAME flashing red light. Tried to recalibrate but it wont, hold set, set again and no flashes. Futaba controller.

I swapped out my old esc and it’s working but intermittently so I’m quite confident I have it hooked up properly.
If the old ESC and the new ESC both have a problem, maybe it's not the ESC? Do you have another receiver you can test? Are all your wires/connections intact? I recently had a situation where frayed motor fan wires caused the receiver to stop working correctly.

The old esc completely died. All wired the same took pics to make sure everything was exact. Battery charged . Servo works, did before too. Fans work on the esc and 3 on the motor. Bind spot is empty not the issue. Heck going to try my new batteries that arrived today 3s 6000 60c ....what do I have to lose.

Did you try without the fans? Just throwing ideas, maybe something sticks :D
Some ESCs need a certain throttle direction, maybe reverse THR on the radio and recalibrate? BLX185 should work both ways, but who knows ?‍♂️

You can also try connecting it to steering (ch1).

Or send the ESC back again. Sucks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back